Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F'n TICKS

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Basstard View Post

Permetherin is linked to cancer.
    lol what isn't. when i die, i can guarantee it won't be from the permetherin i sprayed on my hunting clothes once a spring.
    A Hunt Based Only On Trophies Taken Falls Far Short Of What The Ultimate Goal Should Be - Fred Bear

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Took one of my kid yesterday

Support your troops. We support you.

B.
    Support your Troops. They support you.

Brandon MacDonald

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Wow I have never seen a Tick in Ontario and have been here since 1989.

We had lot's in NS back in the 1970's after we came back from picking blue berries or hiking mom would always look us over for ticks and one or two of us would have one out of 5 kids.
    NB had some but not as many as NS.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

GW, there weren't all that many for a long time here in Eastern Ont, the only ones I saw were on my dogs. When my wife started to work in the ER in Kemptville she said every year more and more folks were coming in to have them removed.

I still have never had one on me, but we now keep the dogs on the meds year round.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by parkcity View Post
    i don't know why more people don't know about permetherin. its on every board that discusses ticks.

while i've never actually seen a tick or had one on me for that matter i despise things crawling on me. i use the ultra x shield 0.5% permetherin (tsc stores) at the recommendation of previous research and posts on our forum. Makes you smell citrusy but i don't care about that for turks. in a week or two the smell is gone but the chemical is still working. also tuck my base layer into socks and shirt into pants.
    I also use the Ultra Shield from TSC and it works very well. Sawyers is supposed to be the best according to a logger I know and I'm surprised it's on Amazon.ca as apparently it can't be imported into Canada from what I've been told. TC

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hopefully I don't see any. But my wife has said I act strange at times, maybe I already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    GW, there weren't all that many for a long time here in Eastern Ont, the only ones I saw were on my dogs. When my wife started to work in the ER in Kemptville she said every year more and more folks were coming in to have them removed.

I still have never had one on me, but we now keep the dogs on the meds year round.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by parkcity View Post
    lol what isn't. when i die, i can guarantee it won't be from the permetherin i sprayed on my hunting clothes once a spring.
    Agreed, it can be used safely and properly against ticks. The previous poster is more than correct though, as it’s not just linked to cancer, but a known human carcinogen. Handling the concentrate requires proper attention to the label recommendations and ppe

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by parkcity View Post

Too guarantee you won't get cancer when you have no clue is silly. It is banned for a reason. I have had family members die from cancer, to guarantee you magically wont get it is just ignorant. You can have your opinion but that is just silly. Do you recommend your kids spray permetherin on their clothes too?? Give it a break. As the poster said before me, it is clear carcinogen to humans. Not worth it. That is your choice, but there are other options like bug spray on the clothes every few hours that will keep them away. Once again, not worth it.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have used PiActive and it works as well. Didn't have any when I went hunting though.
    Things that fly turn me on

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Deep Woods OFF! Mic drop......
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast