Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose license application

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Moose license application

I haven't participated in Moose licensing for a long time and am leery of the complaints of this new online system. However, I just bought my deer license online without any hiccups.

Before I embark on buying a Moose license online, I have a question: I'll be an individual pool 2 applicant obviously, which means essentially zero chance of a tag, but can I buy the license as an individual, without entering any code, and go back and modify the application (enter codes) before the deadline passes?

The only reason being, to keep options open if an opportunity to join a group at the last minute arises, then I can enter the appropriate code and group number. If it is safer to not rely on modifying the application, then I'll wait until near the deadline to buy the license and enter my individual snowballs chance codes. Answers are appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by canthitathing; May 13th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
    CCFR Member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If it were me, I’d wait until you get the information you need to apply.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

you can buy your licence then later, before the deadline, apply to the draw. As far as i know you cannot modify your application yourself after you submit it so you want to be sure of your choices before hand. It may be best to buy your licence and apply at the same time. Both will work tho.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I bought my Moose license and entered the draw at the same time using the new on-line system and printed the license summary with the draw preferences showing plus the transactions of the other licenses on the profile. I'm given to understand that the tags may be mailed once the draw is complete and results are released after Aug 1 or the option to print it on-line will also be available. The choice is ours.
    Last edited by trimmer21; May 13th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

OK, thanks guys, waiting until near the end of the month it is.
    CCFR Member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I bought my Moose license and entered the draw at the same time using the new on-line system and printed the license summary with the draw preferences showing plus the transactions of the other licenses on the profile. I'm given to understand that the tags may be mailed once the draw is complete and results are released after Aug 1 or the option to print it on-line will also be available. The choice is ours.
    I sent an email to MNRF, asking about when or how we are to be advised of draw results. They responded saying that after August 20, we will be able to print off our moose or deer tags. It doesn’t sound like they will be sending tags out....

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post
    OK, thanks guys, waiting until near the end of the month it is.
    Yeah I think waiting is the right way to go rather than risk not being able to later.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I sent an email to MNRF, asking about when or how we are to be advised of draw results. They responded saying that after August 20, we will be able to print off our moose or deer tags. It doesn’t sound like they will be sending tags out....
    OK,good to know.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I bought my licence by phoning in the same as last year so I guess they will be mailing them out.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    You wont be getting any mail. You'll either have to go to Service Ontario after the draw or print it on your own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast