Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any 007 agent .... pretending to be a new hunter ....? On this forum ...?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    It's not as easy as that....and why we have judges.
    Ahhh yeah, I'm well aware of the law, hence my suggestion they had their sights on someone who may already be involved in those activities, however it was joke and now that I need to explain it, its not so funny.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yea a LEO misrepresenting him/her/person self to entrap someone wouldn't go over well with a judge. Silly for them to even attempt anything like that.
    I hate to pop your bubble,MikePal,but,that technique is SOP for the RCMP. They're the grand masters of deception when they get their hooks into the bad guys. It's a criminal offense to lie to Police,but,there's absolutely no law against LEO's lying their a**es off to get a crook into prison.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    ,but,there's absolutely no law against LEO's lying their a**es off to get a crook into prison.
    Oh yes there is ...

And there are judges who don't like it....just goggle "Mr. Big' and see how many have been thrown out of court or are now being re-tried.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37689656/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...kley-1.4570368

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...and-crown.html

on...and ...on

A lot of 'stings' don't work because of entrapment laws and ones where they troll an internet forum in the hopes of finding some sap doing something wrong would be a huge waste of resources the MNR doesn't have.

Now putting a robot deer on the side of the road and catch idiots who shot it...well that might be considered entrapment but far more of the evidence gathered is self incrimination. HaHa...
    Last edited by MikePal; May 26th, 2019 at 03:27 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    They forced the Jews to wear yellow stars, and the LBGT people to wear Purple triangles. What will they make us wear? A red and white three ring bullseye maybe. I wonder, will they starve us, work us to death or Ironically just line us up and shoot us.
    If you lay down like a sheep they will do as they please. The choice will be yours. If that time comes I'd rather die fighting back like a lion

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh yes there is ...

And there are judges who don't like it....just goggle "Mr. Big' and see how many have been thrown out of court or are now being re-tried.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37689656/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...kley-1.4570368

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...and-crown.html

on...and ...on

A lot of 'stings' don't work because of entrapment laws and ones where they troll an internet forum in the hopes of finding some sap doing something wrong would be a huge waste of resources the MNR doesn't have.

Now putting a robot deer on the side of the road and catch idiots who shot it...well that might be considered entrapment but far more of the evidence gathered is self incrimination. HaHa...
    The "Mr.Big" case was a blatant attempt to coerce information and was a "one-of" instance. "John stings" to combat prostitution and human trafficing,"financial stings" to capture fraudsters and other undercover operations have all been ruled by the SCOC as being a legitimate tool for law enforcement. I have a successful past history with those types of operations and they're very effective. Assumptions that street-level law enforcement doesn't "keep an eye" on forums,threads and websites like these is a mistake. National security intel-gathering units absolutely survey all sites for threats against government figures and can act quickly to mitigate threats. That's why it's very prudent to take great care on what one posts on these social media sites.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    If you lay down like a sheep they will do as they please. The choice will be yours. If that time comes I'd rather die fighting back like a lion
    Looking back it's easy to see the right path, but trying to decide as events unfold we are lot like the frog in the boiling water.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The "Mr.Big" case was a blatant attempt to coerce information and was a "one-of" instance.
    The examples I posted were the first 3 (all different) in a long list on google...there was an 'original' Mr Big...but it now is used as a common 'sting' theme name..

I find it hard to believe a CO would try to infiltrate a Hunt Camp as a newbie and then try to catch them doing something nefarious....makings of a Benny Hill episode HaHa...

National security intel-gathering units absolutely survey all sites for threats against government figures and can act quickly to mitigate threats. That's why it's very prudent to take great care on what one posts on these social media sites.
    Your right...once you hit 'enter' there is a whole raft of data bases around the world that inspect & dissect your post/messages..
    Last edited by MikePal; May 26th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Looking back it's easy to see the right path, but trying to decide as events unfold we are lot like the frog in the boiling water.
    The sheep will always outnumber the lions in this world.

User Info Menu

The examples I posted were the first 3 (all different) in a long list on google...there was an 'original' Mr Big...but it now is used as a common 'sting' theme name..

I find it hard to believe a CO would try to infiltrate a Hunt Camp as a newbie and then try to catch them doing something nefarious....makings of a Benny Hill episode HaHa...

Your right...once you hit 'enter' there is a whole raft of data bases around the world that inspect & dissect your post/messages..
    Years ago a CO friend of mine was supposed to meet with my group to give us the lay of the land and point us in the right direction in an area that was entirely new to us. In the week leading up to the hunt I couldn't get in touch with him at all and needless to say the gang was getting concerned.

We ended up going on the hope that he would come through and he did end up meeting us shortly after arriving. When I asked him why we couldn't reach him he said it was because he just spend a week undercover as a "newbie" in a moose hunt camp who had no idea he was a CO.

Benny Hill or not, it happens.

He has a number of other tales that might surprise you too.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Happens all the time including other teams doing the same in different departments. ..

People are out to lunch if they dont think they pose as others or just make up stories for others to open up on. They cover the entire internet on all forums and other sites. There is always a dummies who talks to much.
    Where are the drug cops same place as you doing the same thing .drinking beers and shooting the sh in a pub or club .

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; May 26th, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast