Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: Feds eyeing guns' designed to hunt people' as they ponder possible curbs

  1. #51
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The only "curbs" the Liberals need to ponder is the one fed-up Canadians will kick them to in October.
    Is there some way that we could skip /bypass the months of July, Aug.,and Sept.,--???

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #52
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Is there some way that we could skip /bypass the months of July, Aug.,and Sept.,--???
    I wish. It's not like the Liberals aren't the poster children for "recall" legislation,right?
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

  4. #53
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Trimmer, Jaycee, I hate to be a downer, but I would not count Trudeau out just yet. Traditionally most Canadian governments get elected a second term. Trudeau is likely to be relected in October.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  5. #54
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Trimmer, Jaycee, I hate to be a downer, but I would not count Trudeau out just yet. Traditionally most Canadian governments get elected a second term. Trudeau is likely to be relected in October.
    If that's the case (which,at this point,I really doubt),they'll likely only have a minority. That may dictate that C-71 never sees the light of day if it could result in a non-confidence vote leading to the defeat of the government. The one thing of which I'm absolutely convinced is that given half a chance,a Liberal majority will enact C-71 ++,not because they should,but,because they can with arrogant impunity,simply as a vindictive vendetta against dissent from the right firearms "lobby" ,effectively ending ALL civilian firearm ownership in this country.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

  6. #55
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    it could result in a non-confidence vote leading to the defeat of the government.
    That may be the only hope for the Liberals....they keep party status, dump the albatross that's dragging them down, pick a new leader and lick their wounds.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  7. #56
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Well Blair and Trudeau have pretty much admitted they will go Nuclear on gun laws if re-elected. Don't expect them to campaign on it. They want to keep it quiet. They can easily claim if they win that they have a mandate because everyone was aware of what they were planning to do.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  8. #57
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The one thing of which I'm absolutely convinced is that given half a chance,a Liberal majority will enact C-71 ++,not because they should,but,because they can with arrogant impunity,simply as a vindictive vendetta against dissent from the right firearms "lobby" ,effectively ending ALL civilian firearm ownership in this country.
    Where does a person purchase cosmoline? It's not hard to get the ABS pipe. just not sure where to buy cosmoline?
    Last edited by Bushmoose; June 20th, 2019 at 09:17 PM.
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

  9. #58
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    That may dictate that C-71 never sees the light of day if it could result in a non-confidence vote leading to the defeat of the government. The one thing of which I'm absolutely convinced is that given half a chance,a Liberal majority will enact C-71 .
    ..
    Uh, C-71 has passed Third Reading in the Senate and is waiting only for Royal Assent.

    So, C-71 will be enacted before the election. The Liberals don't need a majority to make it happen. For all intents and purposes, it already has.



    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

  10. #59
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post
    Uh, C-71 has passed Third Reading in the Senate and is waiting only for Royal Assent.

    So, C-71 will be enacted before the election. The Liberals don't need a majority to make it happen. For all intents and purposes, it already has.



    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    There's a story that was leaked that "the powers that be" may wait to send the bill to the GG until after the election because of such a nasty backlash hoping that it'll calm down (LOL,like that'll happen). Trudeau and Blair lit the fuse and the "back room gang" absolutely have to know that it's blowing up in their faces.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

  11. #60
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    There's a story that was leaked that "the powers that be" may wait to send the bill to the GG until after the election because of such a nasty backlash hoping that it'll calm down (LOL,like that'll happen). Trudeau and Blair lit the fuse and the "back room gang" absolutely have to know that it's blowing up in their faces.
    What colour is the sky in your world?

    The Liberals have already announced their intent to campaign on additional gun control. They obviously are not in fear of any backlash.

    You need to distinguish between leaks and wild rumours started on gunnutz. The idea that the government could hold a bill back from royal assent -- thus frustrating the will of Parliament -- would raise eyebrows among constitutional scholars, for sure.

    (Even if the government were to change before royal assent was given, which I din't think has ever happened, the succeeding govt would still be obligated to bring the bill forward for royal assent -- just as the Liberals were obligated to implement the final elements of C-42. A bill that has passed third reading in both houses represents the will of Parliament & can't be set aside without violating the fundamental constitutional principle of parliamentary supremacy.)

    A more likely reason for the delay is that they're working out dates for coming into force.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •