Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex or Nikon

Member for Life

User Info Menu

CSSA Marketplace has a Nikon for sale out of Edmonton. I think it is a demo too.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I'm also in a position of looking for a scope. I've had vortex and leupold. Both are decent. I had the opportunity to buy a Meopta Meostar R2 and it blows them away, yet they are hard to come across. The Scopes I'm pondering for my backup rifle are Nikon and Burris.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Nice rifle. I'd like to get one in 6.5CM. Have you considered a used scope? You can get a nice Leupold for $700 used and it has a lifetime warranty. I'm not a fan of the Nikon reticle. I got a silver vx3 3.5-14x with a fine crosshairs for my BLR for $500.00 used on CGN.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Nice rifle. I'd like to get one in 6.5CM. Have you considered a used scope? You can get a nice Leupold for $700 used and it has a lifetime warranty. I'm not a fan of the Nikon reticle. I got a silver vx3 3.5-14x with a fine crosshairs for my BLR for $500.00 used on CGN.
    I have been shopping around in CGN there was a few I was interested in but guys don’t seem to be to interested in responding to my inquiries....
    Things that fly turn me on

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hands down Nikon no brainer if it were me.
    First of all,Diamondbacks are near the bottom of the barrel in the Vortex lineup,barely a step above their Crossfire line.
    For around the same money you can buy a new Monarch M5 with better glass,30mm tube,and side focus parallax adjustment....win/win/win vs the Vortex inferior glass,1” tube,and fixed parallax .
    I know the Vortex fanboys will get their panties in a twist,but imho Vortex is generally overrated and overpriced,relying on an enormous marketing budget to boost their popularity.Their bombproof warranty is often touted as a selling feature,but pretty much every other quality optics mfr offers the same lifetime warranty,biggest difference with Vortex is that eventually you will actually need to use that warranty to repair or replace your faulty optic.Lifetime warranty is useless on the side of a mountain during the trip of a lifetime.
    I’ve owned a few Vortex products,some were great for as long as I owned them,others had issues.....even their top tier products seem to be plagued with warranty issues based on the myriad of horror stories posted online.I would lose it if I spent $3k+ on a scope that needed to go back for warranty work every other month,that kind of money I expect to buy once/cry once not suffer ongoing pain.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I ended up with a great deal on a Vortex Viper HS -4x16 with a vplex reticle for 500. 30 mm tube. No complaints on this unit, it works well with the 30-06.

I also just purchased a vortex diamondback HP 4x16 BDC reticle for an xbolt 223 after finding a great price at Prophet River Firearms. The glass on this scope must be better then the normal Diamondback. It appears clearer then the Viper I purchased, but construction of the scope feels to be a bit "leaner"
    Things that fly turn me on

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    I ended up with a great deal on a Vortex Viper HS -4x16 with a vplex reticle for 500. 30 mm tube. No complaints on this unit, it works well with the 30-06.

I also just purchased a vortex diamondback HP 4x16 BDC reticle for an xbolt 223 after finding a great price at Prophet River Firearms. The glass on this scope must be better then the normal Diamondback. It appears clearer then the Viper I purchased, but construction of the scope feels to be a bit "leaner"
    I agree, I have same scope on my .22 250 (diamondback HP) and I like it more than my brothers Viper gen 1.

Still gotta try out the BDC to see how close it is, I need a good 400 yard dot

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12