Thread: Lake Dalrymple

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Lake Dalrymple

Anybody fish this lake? Any tips or info would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The lake is not that deep and can get real weedy. It does get a lot of boat traffic. I’ve caught some bass and one crappie. There is boat rentals there if you need one. Personally I rather simcoe from my experience.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    The lake is not that deep and can get real weedy. It does get a lot of boat traffic. I’ve caught some bass and one crappie. There is boat rentals there if you need one. Personally I rather simcoe from my experience.
    Depends which end you are on. Can't remember which is which but one is shallow weedy large mouth bass and pike water water the other end has deep water points and shoals that will have walleye and smallmouth also.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Also muskies and channel cats in the lake.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Really? I had no idea there were muskies there.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LundMan View Post
    Really? I had no idea there were muskies there.
    I had No idea about muskie being in there but I guess everything is possible .
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I haven't fished there in years but caught them there back in the 70's & 80's

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The side that has Avery Point is the better part of the lake, trolling along Avery Point will produce some pike and the odd walleye, caught a few as well all around Herring Island. Pike fishing isn't bad in the channel that separates the 2 bodies of water. You will catch the odd bass once you pass the bridge/roadway on either side of the channel/mouth up until it opens into the main body of the lake
    Had one of the craziest things occur there once, I had kept 4 decent sized perch on a stringer overnight by the dock tied to the boat, doesn't a pike come eat my perch whole and I ended up keeping it as well
    Very few muskie in the lake and from what I've heard there 'inter-breeding' with pike now
    Good luck!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LundMan View Post
    Anybody fish this lake? Any tips or info would be appreciated.
    Lake Dalrymple has been one of my favourite lake for many years! The walleye, bass(both Smallmouth & Largemouth), pike and panfish fishing is excellent, muskies are few and far between. Lots of rock-weed transitions in Lower Dalrymple, Upper Dalrymple is most a mud bottom with lots of shallow areas for Largemouth Bass & Pike. Check out the Navionics charts on the Chartviewer on the Navionics website. https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...y=gkroGr_%7CaN
    Last edited by FishHard Dave; June 14th, 2019 at 07:38 PM.