Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Single use plastics in ammunition

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I always pick up my shells if I can locate them, as I don't think the owners of land I hunt on would be very happy. I alos pick them up in the bush. Another good reason to pick them up is maybe someone else might like them for reloading. By the way I have a bunch of 3.5 if anyone wants them next time they are near Ottawa.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If they think I'm giving up my single use Latex/Nitro gloves I use for skinning /butchering deer..they have another thing coming.

Thank God the U.S. isn't acting stupid trying to appease the environmentalist...I can drive across and pick them up anything I will be denied here. Getting real tired of the Liberals social engineering our lives.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Not seeing this as a bad thing

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Jerks took lead out of my gasoline, paint and migratory bird shells too. Some seem to be confused on who's having a meltdown about losing some garbage.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

All governments should ban plastic..... Plastic doesn't break down, it makes our planet sickening..... Make it biodegradable or don't make it at all.....

Someone or some company will see the need and make a lot of money filling the void... We should all be speaking out (ban all non biodegradable products because recycling doesn't work either)
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Seriously? The only strawback I see to them is they might not resize properly for hand reloading. So they would only be likely adding more fuel to the fire.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    Last edited by Gun Nut; June 23rd, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    All governments should ban plastic..... Plastic doesn't break down, it makes our planet sickening..... Make it biodegradable or don't make it at all.....
    Nice sentiment ..but impossible to do and make any significant impact....take the lowly straw and the plastic wrapping stuff from the grocery store.. they're thrown in the plastic bag under the kitchen sink, then taken to the even heavier/stronger plastic bag that holds the weekly garbage then taken to the curb. Then off to landfill.

Those two layers of plastic holding the single use plastic waste will never degrade so the contents of the bags is a non-issue. Inventing something biodegradable that is capable of handling the trash from a house....not in the foreseeable future and cost prohibitive.

Controlling waste disposal as a whole is the answer...incinerators like Singapore uses have solved the problem. Turn pollution into a resource.

Making straws illegal is a stupid gesture; more 'virtue singling' from Climate Barbie and the environmentalists.

Watch the video...I think you'll be amazed.

Last edited by MikePal; June 24th, 2019 at 03:54 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh in case you weren't aware ...BC already uses this technology....turning those nasty single use plastics that are necessary to provide safe storage of our vegetables etc ...into electricity !!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Seriously?

Why not ?...if they use recycle waste and reduces the cost of ammo , even by a 1/3 ..well worth looking into...

And yes they work ..reloading concerns in video !!

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blo...ridge-casings/

Last edited by MikePal; June 24th, 2019 at 05:42 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast