Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fur money

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Fur money

    Send my 8 hides in this spring. Got the cheque today.

    All shot with a .22 250, I didn't sew any holes, Just skinned and put on a board for a few days then turned fur side out then nailed to the barn wall. Washed them once in a barrel then combed once to dry.

    Not bad for hardly any work.

    still waiting on the 45 hide cheque from our hound group. We fleshed them and sewed the big holes so they should be better condition and worth more.



    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Good for you, maybe next year I will send some too.... After getting my check for a $1.11 cents a few years back I decided to self tan them instead but your post gives me some hope
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  4. #3
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Got 60 bucks for 6 coon hides at the first sale. Not too bad for my first year trapping. Your cheque is much better!

  5. #4
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Can you please explain this a bit more. If I can earn a few extra dollars from the rabbits and other small game I hunt I might as well.

    Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I guess them dogs is good for something

    Nice work.

  7. #6
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DataPak420 View Post
    Can you please explain this a bit more. If I can earn a few extra dollars from the rabbits and other small game I hunt I might as well.

    Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    No money for rabbits, coyotes are sold at auction, mostly for trim on parkas. Raccoon, fox, coyote would be worth some if hunted when the fur is prime (winter). Red squirrels are worth a couple cents.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Now you can retire off the interest. .

    They must have been very nice Yotes to get those prices. Was there an uptick in the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Send my 8 hides in this spring. Got the cheque today.

    All shot with a .22 250, I didn't sew any holes, Just skinned and put on a board for a few days then turned fur side out then nailed to the barn wall. Washed them once in a barrel then combed once to dry.

    Not bad for hardly any work.

    still waiting on the 45 hide cheque from our hound group. We fleshed them and sewed the big holes so they should be better condition and worth more.



    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  9. #8
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Where would you send them to trade?

    Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DataPak420 View Post
    Where would you send them to trade?

    Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    https://www.nafa.ca/webcenter/portal...hippingwildfur
    or
    https://www.furharvesters.com/cdnshippinginfo.html
    Last edited by fratri; August 19th, 2019 at 09:22 PM.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •