Thread: Oh deer: Oshawa hunter fined after being duped by decoy

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Oh deer: Oshawa hunter fined after being duped by decoy

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....uped-by-decoy/

NORTHUMBERLAND — An Oshawa man who was duped by a decoy has been fined $5,000 after pleading guilty to firing multiple shots at a fake deer last year near Warkworth.
    The deer decoy was set up in December of 2018 by conservation officers responding to reports of unsafe hunting, according to the provincial Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. On Dec. 5, the day it was deployed, officers watched as the driver of a truck travelling on a concession road came to a stop, pointed a shotgun out the window and fired three shots at it.
    Officers arrested the man on the spot and charged him.

In June of this year, Kenneth Russell Carter of Oshawa pleaded guilty to Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act charges including using a firearm to carelessly hunt, unlawfully discharging a firearm from a vehicle, hunting deer without a licence, hunting while trespassing and using an illegal firearm during the deer hunt.

Carter was fined $5,000, had his hunting licence suspended for a year and forfeited his shotgun, according to the ministry.
    To report a natural resource violation call 1-877-847-7667.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

What a moron.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    What a moron.
    couldnt have said it any better than that!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Only 5K, should have been more. Have to wonder how many times he has gotten away with it.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hope they got cash considering there was something like 3.5million already owed to the Government in outstanding fines by hunters and fisherpeople.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...ines-1.4060373

Better solution for this slob poacher would be confiscation of truck and firearm, a $5000.00 fine payable on the spot or 3 month,s in jail.As he enjoys the outdoors a labour camp up north cutting up firewood for the poor would be a good place for him.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    I hope they got cash considering there was something like 3.5million already owed to the Government in outstanding fines by hunters and fisherpeople.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...ines-1.4060373

Better solution for this slob poacher would be confiscation of truck and firearm, a $5000.00 fine payable on the spot or 3 month,s in jail.As he enjoys the outdoors a labour camp up north cutting up firewood for the poor would be a good place for him.
    This subject has been discussed on here before. I think part of the problem is non residents hightailing it back home with no intention of ever returning? Unless we have reciprocal agreements with the numerous states over there, it's probably never going to be resolved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    This subject has been discussed on here before. I think part of the problem is non residents hightailing it back home with no intention of ever returning? Unless we have reciprocal agreements with the numerous states over there, it's probably never going to be resolved.
    Not saying your wrong Bush but having read a few articles about this nobody mentions Americans as being major players. I do read the MNR violations pages and its seems to be basically Ontario guys getting the tickets and fines,but your take is interesting.With the strict nature of their laws it surprises me but maybe that,s why they come here in the first place because its a more liberal system.Your up in a neck of the Woods where you are more prone to read this in the local paper and what not.