Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning or Tikka 223?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Browning or Tikka 223?

I am buying one and I'm stumped lol

I had a 223 Tikka that I sold a few years back, and regret as I know have a practical use for one. Gun could drive nails at 200 yards.

I have been looking at the xbolt varmint/predator 223's with the heavier barrels.

curious on opinions?

both are close in price and both will do the job, but I can only have one haha
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Both good rifles and I would say comes down to personal taste in guns. I own an X-bolt medallion in 223 and it shoots sub 1" groups at 100 yards with cheap Remington freedom bucket I buy when on sale from cabelas.
    Last edited by fishhawk; June 27th, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Tikka is one of the best manufactures around today. Any gun in any caliber you get will almost immediately become one of your favourites. I have used them before and plan on owning one in the near future. From knowing a lot of gun nuts they all speak extremely high of tikka. Browning I do own in multiple calibers and have had zero issues with them as well. A much more popular all round brand with minimal negative feedback. I think if you close your eyes and pick one you will end up in the win category regardless.

And of course if all else fails just by both!! Lol

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    Tikka is one of the best manufactures around today. Any gun in any caliber you get will almost immediately become one of your favourites. I have used them before and plan on owning one in the near future. From knowing a lot of gun nuts they all speak extremely high of tikka. Browning I do own in multiple calibers and have had zero issues with them as well. A much more popular all round brand with minimal negative feedback. I think if you close your eyes and pick one you will end up in the win category regardless.

And of course if all else fails just by both!! Lol
    If I buy both my wife will murder me with the second one lol
    Things that fly turn me on

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Tikka all day every day
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Flip a coin. Really.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I vote Tikka T3X CTR 223, had once out and love it.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Shoulder each and see which one fits you the best. I work in a gun shop and that's what we always encourage people to do. They are both great guns so if they both fit well and feel comfortable then flip a coin. TC

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I don't like the new t3x. Much prefer the checkering of its predecessor t3 hunter. The x-bolt is a very nice rifle also. I've owned both. My t3 hunter in 6.5x55 is a rifle I wish I'd never gotten rid of. Flip a coin. Good luck

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Tikka for sure, buy it with 1-8 twist rifling and you will be set for bullets 55 to 75 grains. My T3 is a wonderful rifle. I also have a T3x in 6.5x55 which is a wonderful rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast