Thread: Taxi Turkeys

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Taxi Turkeys

These are my first two turkeys ever. The hen taken last fall on a walk and stalk. The tom taken this spring calling in the ghillie suit parked at the base of a big old maple tree. Both taken off the same property so they may have actually known each other.

Last edited by Species8472; July 8th, 2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very nice love the display, how did you actually look for the hen? Did you just kinda figure she might be in the same area?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Looks real good, he did a great job.

Cheers
    Smitty

Straight shooter

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Very nice love the display, how did you actually look for the hen? Did you just kinda figure she might be in the same area?
    Hen was taken first. The property these birds came off of is a place I have archery hunted for deer for many years. I saw so many turkeys on this property every fall that I decided to finally give it a go. From my archery hunts I knew that there were often turkeys in a particular field every afternoon. Additionally they generally never got more than 40 or 50 yards from the tree line. In her case I spied her with binos from almost 700 yards away. I than stalked in travelling just inside the treeline until I was more or less opposite her. At that point I had closed to about 25 or 30 yards and once she put her head up it was game over. The Tom was this spring and taken off the same field but about 500 yards from where she was shot. I called him in from about 400 yards to my decoys. I was set up on the treeline sitting at the base of a maple in ghillie attire. he was shot at about 35 yards.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very nice looking.....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Great looking mounts the Tom looks great, but why is the hen head so white
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Great looking mounts the Tom looks great, but why is the hen head so white
    I think the glare/lighting from the light just above her head is throwing off the colours in the pic. Looks different than that sitting on the table.