Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Results - Unsuccessful

Apprentice

User Info Menu

1924 Draw Results - Unsuccessful

Hey guys!

I'm sure it's been posted here before in previous years, but, do you think I can find it? (How about a sticky?)

Regardless, for the 7th straight year I've been unsuccessful in my primary choice for antlerless, with a 30% draw rate - that just sucks. What bothers me, and I can't find an explaination for is my secondary choice has a 100% success chance, but I never get it either?

How does the draw work in this respect? Why do they even ask for a secondary choice?

Thanks for the answers...
    I just hunt...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I believe it’s 100 percent success rate for those who’s primary choice was that wmu?? I’m not for sure certain though.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If your second choice is already filled up by first choice applicants that would explain it. Sounds like you are just very unlucky or are doing something wrong in the application process? Do you return hunter surveys?
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Simple answer, its a 100% for 1st choice not second choice.
    Only if there are remaining tags from 1st choice hunters it then goes to the second choice. So if your 2nd choice WMU had 100% chance but the entire quota was issued to all 1st choice hunters then there are none available to issue as a 2nd choice.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Then there are the zones that give 100% 1st choice & a lower % 2nd choice, where one person gets their 2nd choice & another person doesn't. But they have additional tags for antlerless only available anyway.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Success for me in 73! No adult Moose tag in 50,though (gee,who knew?)so,it'll be Euchre and Crib.....could be an expensive week. We're taking Bear tags. Should be a good week.
    Last edited by trimmer21; August 1st, 2019 at 07:46 PM.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA,A.F.& A.M. and Shriners Children's Hospitals.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

0 for 6 in area 61 can't believe it.
    Buck hunting we will go.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Some of us have been screwed by the new system. I've spoken with several hunters who, like me, applied for their 1st and 2nd choices. But upon checking draw results, the system says we never applied. GRRRRR!

The problem only seems to be with online applications, not phone applications.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    Some of us have been screwed by the new system. I've spoken with several hunters who, like me, applied for their 1st and 2nd choices. But upon checking draw results, the system says we never applied. GRRRRR!

The problem only seems to be with online applications, not phone applications.
    Is there no e-mail or confirmation number for your application?
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I was emailed a copy of my receipt when i did mine online which i checked immediately and it showed i entered the draw. What did your receipt show on it? If its not on it id say it wasn't completed correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast