2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    I never apply to more than one WMU. that's just asking for trouble... lol
    Makes no sense.

I always apply for my local WMU and then a WMU in SW Ontario as a 2nd choice, was successful for my first choice for the last 2 years and 3 out of 4.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Makes no sense.

I always apply for my local WMU and then a WMU in SW Ontario as a 2nd choice, was successful for my first choice for the last 2 years and 3 out of 4.
    Heh - I was unsuccessful for the first time this year. I now have to learn how to hunt a buck. I've never seen one in the daytime on the private land that I've been hunting. Tips appreciated!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walkinandsittin View Post
    Heh - I was unsuccessful for the first time this year. I now have to learn how to hunt a buck. I've never seen one in the daytime on the private land that I've been hunting. Tips appreciated!
    Be out there as much as possible and hunt the rut. When bucks are in rut (second week of rifle up here) hunt all day, I have seen lots of bucks driving around at lunch time.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I hunt for a buck only, Leave the does alone, if they are at your place . The bucks will be there. Check for a scrape line , they are predictable, most times. They will check their scrapes at first light, before they go to a bedding area. Also last light, they will go to does in a feeding area. I repeat if you want a buck , quit shooting does. old243

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walkinandsittin View Post
    Without knowing more about where you hunt, it’s difficult to offer specific advice. During the gun season bucks will be searching for does. In doing so, they will cover a lot of ground going from doe group to doe group. I find that satellite imagery can be helpful in locating areas where does feed and bed. Once you uncover these areas, it’s a matter of connecting the dots and finding a good ambush spot in between. If you hunt fields where deer have been feeding, bucks will often cruise the inside edges (10-50 yards in). Look for a natural opening and set up a treestand or ground blind. As has been pointed out, bucks are on the move all day, so you should be prepared to be out all day. Good luck!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We are 0/4 in wmu 43b....fisrst time i see that happen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

And bucks dont come that easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12