Thread: The OFAH Survey and Our Tundra Swan Season

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default The OFAH Survey and Our Tundra Swan Season

Hello Guys,

This survey is a great opportunity for waterfowl hunters who would like to have a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season implemented in our province express their desire to the OFAH staff.

The OFAH staff currently do not support a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season. I have therefore advised the OFAH staff that they do not support "waterfowl" hunting since the term "waterfowl" includes ducks, geese and swans.

Please indicate in the survey that you would like the OFAH to support a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season as per the CWS Tundra Swan season assessment completed in August of 2013.

J. Katchin, D.V.M.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I see no logic in your assumption that the OFAH does not support waterfowl hunting simply because of an inclusive definition. I'm at odds with a lot of their policies, especially their lack of support when it comes to access of crown land for residents but to confront any change in game or fish laws ones argument must be absolutely correct in its facts.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hello Sawbill,

We obviously have a difference of opinion. I do agree however that the OFAH does support duck and goose hunting ... just not "waterfowl" hunting.

Any lawyers out there who care to comment on this?

Jerome

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Boy View Post
    Hello Sawbill,

We obviously have a difference of opinion. I do agree however that the OFAH does support duck and goose hunting ... just not "waterfowl" hunting.

Any lawyers out there who care to comment on this?

Jerome
    hmmm i see your point.

does swan taste any good? never tried it

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    hmmm i see your point.

does swan taste any good? never tried it
    Yes. Other provinces and states do have a swan season. As well as crane seasons.

Personally I would want a tag for swan only for the same reason I buy a bear tag. I buy a bear tag, but don't really hunt bears. The tag is like insurance, for a problematic bear encounter.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; August 4th, 2019 at 06:20 AM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.