Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seen this little fella while out looking for grouse

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Seen this little fella while out looking for grouse

While out hunting for grouse I almost step on this little fella, I gave him a pass because I would have had to walk 30 feet before I could safely shoot him anyways. I guess I could have hit him with the barrel. I told him if he was still around on my way back he would not get a second chance. I have never hunted Woodcock is this an average size?

DSC_0495.JPGDSC_0496.JPG

I guess when crossing this bridge you need to stay on the right hand side if you exceed 5 ton? LOL
    DSC_0497.JPG
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

As far as I can tell its average. although females are bigger than males, there is little difference between adult and juvenile. You must have a bit of pointer blood in you.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Just starting out

User Info Menu

lol you could have stepped on him and saved the shot

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I though of smacking him, but he was just so cute and innocent looking sitting on the trail all camo.

Quote Originally Posted by ben1983 View Post
    lol you could have stepped on him and saved the shot
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I missed one a few times, same bird, ha ha ha, it flew from essentially under my feet.

Remember, they are migratory birds when it comes to licensing and regulations, although I know you have your stamp.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yeah I have my stamp, but I still gave him a pass, they just look to small to be worth the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I missed one a few times, same bird, ha ha ha, it flew from essentially under my feet.

Remember, they are migratory birds when it comes to licensing and regulations, although I know you have your stamp.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Amazing how when your not looking things can just fall into your lap.

Makes me think about people running all over the lake to find the big fish, and they are all next to the boat launch were no one fishes. 100 to 200 grand in boat, motor, tackle and gear, and some nine year old kid with a fifteen dollar rod and reel combo is catching five pound bass off the dock.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Yeah I have my stamp, but I still gave him a pass, they just look to small to be worth the time
    Should wonder over to the upland section to get an idea what woodcocking hunting is about. Sure they may look cute sitting on a trail but to hunt 'em seriously if you and the dog ain't bloody by the end of the day you haven't been woodcock hunting.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's the gentler side of me showing. I'm trying to be compassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Should wonder over to the upland section to get an idea what woodcocking hunting is about. Sure they may look cute sitting on a trail but to hunt 'em seriously if you and the dog ain't bloody by the end of the day you haven't been woodcock hunting.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

They are a pretty looking bird. So tiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast