Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing at Lake Eugenia

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Fishing at Lake Eugenia

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum, so my apologies if I do anything wrong.

I am planning on going fishing at Lake Eugenia this weekend and am wondering if any one has some tips, such as where to go, what baits to use, what to expect, etc. I am an intermediate fisherman, so I don't have a fancy setup or anything, but I'm happy to buy some new lures if people think they would be beneficial and I don't have them. I am sure there are some spots on the lake that are better than others, and I know no one wants to give away their favourite, but any general advice would be awesome. I do not have a boat, so it would need to be all shore access fishing. I am also interested in going to other spots in the area if any one has any they wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks so much and enjoy your day!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

So you’re in luck. This is my home lake. Great bass fishing. If you are going to be shore fishing they have a big dam near the boat launch area and beach. You will have a lot of luck with senkos for both the smallies and largeys. If you’re able to get on a boat the best advice is hit the docks. I can catch 30-40 fish a day easy!! Shore fishing other then the damn may be limited. But there is a road that goes directly down the middle of the lake. I forget the road number but google maps it and you’ll see it. Fish All the way down that road. You’ll have better luck there then off the damn in my opinion. I catch regularly 3-5 pound largeys and smallies. Other then senko done up as a wacky worm, you can toss a jig also and they work just as well.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thank you so much for the valuable information. It is much appreciated! The fishing there sounds great.

Is there a specific time you recommend? Will it be busy? I am just wondering if there is a better time to be there than others. I will have all day, so any time will work.

Thanks again.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Morning and evening you can fish the regular spots. Mid day if you can get out on the water hit the docks.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Great, thanks so much for your help.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Anywhere you see rocks and such the smallies are always there. Any of the weedy stuff or areas will have the largies. I usually use purple with blue senkos they are the best but I have caught with every colour.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ok, that's great advice. I will try for both, and use the same wacky rigged purpley blue senko for both species right? Do you use the rig completely weightless, and do you use a weedless hook or just a regular one? Don't fish with senkos often, so sorry if these questions are very obvious.

Thanks again.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Just picked up some Senkos and Yum Dingers (selection of Senkos was poor), and going to head out this weekend. I will try to wacky rig them on a weedless #1 ish hook and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

You’ll smash them. When you fish off that road which is concession rd 8 fish the far ends of it on the left side where all the pads are and weeds. You’ll get on them really nice in there.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Great thanks so much for the advice. Really looking forward to it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast