Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with Beagles around Walkerton?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Anyone with Beagles around Walkerton?

If there is anyone with beagles in my area and interested in doing some rabbit hunting this fall or winter, let me know. Lots of rabbits on my property and some of the surrounding farm that I hunt. Send me a private message if you are interested.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

No Dog on my end John but i'm in if you need another set of legs LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    No Dog on my end John but i'm in if you need another set of legs LOL
    sounds good. Maybe go duck hunting when it isn’t -19!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Lol sounds good to me. You know how to reach me
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I got a younger beagle that has tracked and catch rabbits, but I would love to run her with more experienced dogs.
    She is a small Lemon Female, and crawls thru brush cottontails have trouble with.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    I got a younger beagle that has tracked and catch rabbits, but I would love to run her with more experienced dogs.
    She is a small Lemon Female, and crawls thru brush cottontails have trouble with.
    She would get some practice as there are lots of rabbits around my place. Remind me as we get into the fall a bit. I would prefer to hunt once there is some snow on the ground.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have a pup from a great bloodline. He’ll be 6 months in the fall and ready to go.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank16 View Post
    I have a pup from a great bloodline. He’ll be 6 months in the fall and ready to go.
    Six months old is just a pup, don't rush, hopefully the little hound will be around for ten years plus.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampsinger View Post
    Six months old is just a pup, don't rush, hopefully the little hound will be around for ten years plus.
    A little exposure would help the pup, but expect to carry him so he can rest. A rucksack with a warm blanket should do.

I did the same with a girlfriend's GSP, when I was running my lab on rabbits. Let the pup run around a bit, but picked him up and stuffed him in my coat at the first sign he was cold or tired. I had a belt around the coat above my waist so it formed a pouch. The pup could never been out running the whole time, it would have too much.

When dusty was on the ground he followed drake everywhere drake went, he sniffed everything Drake sniffed. When he was in my coat, he watched everything drake did and ever move drake made.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; September 22nd, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have brought the pup out twice so far. He has 5 lungs. When we stopped to leave he gave me the look saying "SERIOUSLY..... We're done!" Great prey drive and the more I expose him I think the better he'll be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast