Thread: Cellphone mount for crossbow

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Cellphone mount for crossbow

Hey guys does anyone us their phone to film hunts? If you do how are you attaching it to your crossbow? Bought or made...thanks

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I got this one last year, worked well. http://crazyarchery.com/shop/crossbow-scope-mount/

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks, says it's outta stock.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy22 View Post
    Thanks, says it's outta stock.

Keep watching, they were out of stock when I was looking too, eventually the status changed as stock arrived.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Ended up buying this one from game stick. Half the price at 24.99 us. See how it works will post later

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Just make sure it doesn't compromise an ethical hunt and distract you from making the ideal shot. You know just like distracted driving! Not trying to be an but when I go hunting it is more about the experience and the opportunity to share some meat with my family and friends rather than a you tube video!
    Paul

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I don't have a YouTube channel or anything just thought it would be cool. Might help on unsure shots if you can rewatch iand see where you hit or how the animal reacts

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paultracy View Post
    Just make sure it doesn't compromise an ethical hunt and distract you from making the ideal shot. You know just like distracted driving! Not trying to be an but when I go hunting it is more about the experience and the opportunity to share some meat with my family and friends rather than a you tube video!
    Paul
    I do have a YouTube channel, you can see some hunts, some wild life, my backyard. a bicycle ride, its not about me being anybody's hero, its just another way of showing pictures, excepting they move.

I did have my scope mount on this week, I did video tape my hunt, it didn't turn out like I wanted; but the video showed me why. Here is a cut-and-paste off another forum from earlier this week, followed by the video.

The landowners were busy, spreading manure, turning soil, and combining corn, a lot of activity in the fields. I chose a stand in a bush that had shown a of doe action all summer long, thinking where the does are the bucks will be too. I got into my stand around 3pm, saw nothing until 4ish when a single doe walked east to west well outside bow range, she had been bedded down in the corner of the bush. About 5:10 I notice her coming back, her trail would put her in range. I purchased a scope mount for my cell phone, so I got it going and prepared my self. I stopped her in a shooting lane, squeezed the trigger and watched her jump, she went down, at least I though she had, then she was up and going away, she stopped, looked back, I saw blood on her side... too far back for my liking, then she started to walk away. I got down, went to my bolt to inspect it, nothing on the broadhead, a few hairs on the shaft, some smears on a single vein? I smelt it thinking guts... nothing. I looked for and found some bright red blood, side by side she must be bleeding from both sides, a pass thru! I could follow drops at a walk for 10', then it was splotches here and there, I marked the spots with flagging tape, I kept on until I hit a wall of canes. I had tried to review the video; but with the small screen on the camera, a lighted nock, I could not be sure of shot placement. I backed out to give her time, walked back to the farm house, unloaded the side by side and drove around the edge of the hay field, I have not prepped this bush, so I left the UTV in the field and proceeded to follow blood. Less and less, becoming harder and harder to find, I kept on it. A flashlight died, leaving me with a LED lantern and two headlamps. I would leave the lantern on a limb over last blood and carry on the blood, then leave a headlight in a tree, go back and bring the lantern up to last blood, I kept this up. Finally I called, and my father ran out some flashlight to me, the headlights just were not good enough. With them in hand I made better progress, I made it to the fence line in the bush, got the neighbouring landowner's info, we have met a few times in regards to my environmental volunteer groups, I made the call received permission to carry on. The blood was getting a whole lot less, and a whole lot further apart 10+ yards; but I kept going. The I hit it, last blood, I searched in the direction I thought she was going, nothing, I grid searched, nothing. I was drawing a blank! I was 9:40pm, I had been on the blood trail since 5:30pm, sure it had been hard at times; but after this long to find no blood was disappointing to say the least, for the past 4 hours I had been expecting to find her, now I was faced with no other option other than to back out for the night. I had to pick up my pup at my parents, then went home, I loaded the video onto my laptop. I was surprised, relieved, disappointed all at once... she had ducked my string, I had given her a flesh wound. This explained why I saw blood on both side of her trail, why I saw blood on her side, why the blood was bright red, and why the blood trail became less and less as the wound congealed. A shot that she could/should survive, regardless this morning I called to the second landowner to again ask for permission to access his property once more. I picked up from where I was last night at last blood, it took me an hour in the sunlight to find a few drops of blood, like a hound I was back on the trail, I found a second and third spot fairly quickly, then nothing, another hour before I found a fourth spot, I never did find a fifth drop of blood after over 2 hours. Knowing what the video showed me, and the lack of any blood trail to follow further, I had to call it. I am hoping to see her on a trail camera to confirm my suspicions that she survived this shot.

I had bought the cell phone holder because I thought it would be kinda cool to have videos of some of the deer I shoot; but I never thought about how handy it would be in a situation like I had last night. I am glad I had it, otherwise I would have continued to think, a bad shot, a pass thru, possibly a liver shot, any one of the possible situations. I am glad I had the camera.

https://youtu.be/8ZNgE3bCEhw
    Last edited by Doug; November 8th, 2019 at 11:23 PM.