Thread: Anterless 87a

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Anterless 87

Hi All,

i know its a long shot but got lucky with the draw for an anterless in WMU87,
    im new to the area and have gone out a few times on the miscellaneous properties the GRCA has
    found some tracks and spooked a female during fall turkey last year.

I'm looking to see and asking if anyone is within an hour to an hour and half that has a group or a camp or property with any spots open for one more to hunt this year.
    I've gone up north with my uncle before but weekends are hard to get away now due to work and family commitments so trying to stay closer to home.
    i will gladly help build clean cook and even share in the spoils definitely if there is someone or a group in the area.

thanks in advance if there are any opportunities please pm me and we can meet and discuss what if anything is p[possible.
    Last edited by bajansnow; September 24th, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Welcome to the area. I am sure you are talking about bow hunting since there is no gun hunt in 87A (someone can correct me if I am wrong). The nice thing about your tag is that it covers all sections of WMU 87. I live north of Sheffield but travel north thru Puslinch a lot and every fall I see deer traffic around the GRCA properties (Bond and Ball tract) located at Concession 1 and Sideroad 10. I would suggest that the first thing you do if you go to scout them is check the signs at the entrance and township or even GRCA website for hunting information etc. The nice thing if you find a property in 87A which would be a lot closer for you is that you can hunt straight thru from Oct. 1 to the end of the year as the season will not close for bow to accommodate the gun hunt. Good luck!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

thanks Paultracy.
    post should have said 87.
    for sure i went through a couple properties last year lots of sign everywhere.Was looking to see if theres anyone from the area that is looking for an additional hunter and tag to a group.