Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No more firewood pile falling on car

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I use it on posts that I'm burying....works great.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well for the most part I am now done. Some fine tuning but that's it. Wife want me to put some trim on the front at the roof. I still need to put an ice breaker across the roof so big chunks of ice don't fall on it and the same on the shed and I need to wrap it. Next year I will put vinyl siding on it and trim it maybe stain the inside so it doesn't rot I have lot's of old stain lying around.

For ice breaker I was thinking of using 1/2 inch gray electrical conduit as it's the right shade and only 6 bucks for 10 ft pieces I will need 5.

Now I have to finish loading it with wood hopefully by the end of the week.

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I know your wood is dry but I'm surprised you have it sitting on the ground. I thought you would have had it sitting on skids just to allow some air flow underneath.

Cheers
    Smitty

Straight shooter

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When I started building this I actually had most of the lumber that I had scavenged over the years. All the 2X4's and all the chip board as well as 3 of the 4x4 posts. The tin was left over from when I did the house roof, I had bought some extra just in case (Doing the garage roof next year last roof to do and last roof to do for life). I even reused the screw I had from when I dismantled my old deck. I also got the gravel for free.

The shed still cost a pretty penny to build.

So I spent:

Need some longer 3 inch screws $20.00
    12' 4X4's (4) $80.00
    8' 4X4's (3) $30.00
    Roofing screws 2 in $20.00
    4x4 brackets for base $20.00
    Wrap $50.00

Still need 10' Conduit (8) $40 (I need some in a few other spots)
    3 inch roof screws $20.00

Even later I need.
    Vinyl Siding approx $200.00

So total cost $440.00
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have left wood on the ground for 3 years with very little rot. The ground will pretty much stay dry so I'm not worried. Although I did think about putting some pallets but decide not to.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks good GW...finished my own last week. I'm still not sure of what to use for the door. I have a doubled up tarp that covers the entrance with a 2x4 to weight it down. Means I have to roll it up every time I use it. PIA but seem to be the only solution.

Nice that your finishing it off, not only keeps the neighbourhood looking nice but keeps the wife happy.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Well for the most part I am now done. Some fine tuning but that's it. Wife want me to put some trim on the front at the roof. I still need to put an ice breaker across the roof so big chunks of ice don't fall on it and the same on the shed and I need to wrap it. Next year I will put vinyl siding on it and trim it maybe stain the inside so it doesn't rot I have lot's of old stain lying around.

For ice breaker I was thinking of using 1/2 inch gray electrical conduit as it's the right shade and only 6 bucks for 10 ft pieces I will need 5.

Now I have to finish loading it with wood hopefully by the end of the week.
    I notice there's no car parked inside? Guess she's parking at the neighbours huh?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have two driveways. I am allowing her to park in my driveway, as I need to have room to pull up with the atv and trailer to unload the wood. I probably could have told her to park at the neighbours or on the side of the road, but I'm a nice hland allowed her to park on my driveway. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    I notice there's no car parked inside? Guess she's parking at the neighbours huh?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234