Thread: Cut on contact broadhead

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Cut on contact broadhead

Looking for suggestions for getting new broadheads. I'm thinking of cut on contact broadheads because I shoot low poundage compound, but I don't see a lot of choices.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I use Solid Broadheads 100grns 2 blade cut on contact. I shoot 50lbs on my compound and have had great success. Watch the videos that are on you tube. They shoot very close to my field points. I don't need to make any sight adjustments for hunting.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Always liked the montec g5 100gr from.the compound

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

QAD Exodus.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    QAD Exodus.
    That, or Slick Tricks
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

G5 Montecs have my vote .... but I'm still using 140 Grns from when ever ?
    Glen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

X2 for G5 Montecs,they fly like field points for me on my last 3 bows.
    Iíve always used the 100gr last 10-12 years or so but just this summer switched to 125gr for the wider cut and beefed up my arrows to a heavier GPI as well in preparation for moose archery,although not sure now if I will get out for moose very much next month.....a few evenings after work and a cpl Sundays maybe?
    Im actually more stoked now to chase muleys next week rather then moose,got a few pretty good bucks hangin around the farm,no real giants(that Iíve seen anyway?) but a few good solid 160-170+ that I wouldnít mind letting the air out of for my first archery Muley and hopefully my first velvet buck as well?
    Almost regretting now changing my setup now that Iíve got muleys on the brain,might go back to my faster/lighter/flatter shooting setup?
    Last edited by Grinr; August 26th, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Have used mechanicals in the past, wasn't happy with the consistency. Made the switch to slick tricks, they fly great, and group with my field points.