Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Seen about 8/10 poults the other day on HYW 528 east of Noelville

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

They've really taken a shine to the hydro corridors and gasline rightofways in Algonquin Park. I'd suggest if they can nest on the Algonquin high ground, which is typically a lot colder, they'll survive north of North Bay in pockets. They seem to depend on bird feeders in areas that are on their limit.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

i went up to ottawa the other day, ive never seen so many turkeys in a field in my life. right off the 401.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    i went up to ottawa the other day, ive never seen so many turkeys in a field in my life. right off the 401.
    Ottawa is not north really, East yes.

We have tons of turkeys but they do not gobble, really annoying to hunt them, takes all the fun out of it. I think the coyotes are what shut them up, they used to gobble all the time but that decreased over 2-3 years and now they are almost silent.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have seen a few in the Thessalon area

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I seen them in Restoule almost 10 years ago for the first time. Been there ever since.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rippin_355 View Post
    I have seen a few in the Thessalon area

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Hit one with my truck doing about 95 km/h between Thessalon and the Soo on Hwy 17. Flew up out of the ditch right in front of me. There were 3 or 4 of them - the rest escaped unharmed. Cracked my front grill and dented the hood right at the latch. Made a mess of the windshield as well - had to put the wipers on and spray lots of washer fluid.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12