Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Companies that make assault rifles, handguns, bullets among CPP investments

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very little was said when Canadian Tire pulled the sales of the SKS off the shelves. Deemed not to be a good fit in today climate. The reason for the apathy...Cabela's, Bass Bro etc, they will still sell what ever tickles your fancy.

Walmart in the US can stop selling ammo and no one is going to blink an eye, there are lots of gas stations on every corner that sell ammo, it's right beside the Slurpee Machine. .

And throwing the old '2nd amendment' chestnut around just sounds silly....no one can force a retailer to sell a product.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So 223 is only used for killing people and nothing else, I never knew that. So I guess I should not buy a 223 for yotes as that isn't what it's used for?

Kinda like that Senator in the US who thought if they banned high capacity mags eventually they would all be used up and the problem would be solved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I see that Colt (US) is going to stop making the A-15 platform....lots of political pressure I'm sure but they say it is economics..

I wonder if Colt Canada will follow suit...

Colt suspends production of AR-15 rifle for civilian market.
    Gun-maker Colt is suspending its production of rifles for the civilian market including the popular AR-15, the company said Thursday in a shift it attributed to changes in consumer demand and a market already saturated with similar weapons.

The company said it will focus instead on fulfilling contracts with military and police customers for rifles.

"The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity," Colt's CEO, Dennis Veilleux, said in a written statement. "Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future."
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/colt-a...sion-1.5290254

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I see that Colt (US) is going to stop making the A-15 platform....lots of political pressure I'm sure but they say it is economics..

I wonder if Colt Canada will follow suit...

Colt suspends production of AR-15 rifle for civilian market.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/colt-a...sion-1.5290254
    If you read the article it talks about not being viable economically for them. They make a very high cost AR-15 rifle and there are more than 100 companies that make an AR-15 variant.

They did this 6 or 7 years ago too then started making them again.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    They did this 6 or 7 years ago too then started making them again.
    Right around the time they were in going into bankruptcy and looking for more market revenue...HaHa..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12