Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What draws you?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

My momma always said I'd never come up with something original!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    2 quotes come to mind right now. One real, and one just funny, but i like it
    1. "There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." - Fred Bear
    2. "We choose to hunt with a bow and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" - Somebody on the internet
    A favourite quote by Fred Bear. IMHO it's 100% true.

"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week than a gun hunter will learn in his entire life"

And this one by Fred Bear goes hand in hand with it.

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together."
    Last edited by Jeff Kavanagh; September 9th, 2019 at 07:17 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanagh View Post
    A favourite quote by Fred Bear. IMHO it's 100% true.

"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week than a gun hunter will learn in his entire life"

And this one by Fred Bear goes hand in hand with it.

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together."
    Well, your first Fred quote, I'll have to disagree with that one, but your second quote, I'd say is 100%

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I really enjoy getting to see the different parts of the season and how deer change as the weeks continue on. I enjoy getting to be at camp longer with the guys, I enjoy the blood trails and tracking them after the shot, I enjoy the precision in Stand locations and scouting for close in your face action and of course the buck fever that comes with having time to wait for them to get closer and closer.

Bow hunting allows me to have that Christmas morning feeling longer.

Bow/gun hunting is the absolute best. Plain and simple. I love everything about it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    I really enjoy getting to see the different parts of the season and how deer change as the weeks continue on. I enjoy getting to be at camp longer with the guys, I enjoy the blood trails and tracking them after the shot, I enjoy the precision in Stand locations and scouting for close in your face action and of course the buck fever that comes with having time to wait for them to get closer and closer.

Bow hunting allows me to have that Christmas morning feeling longer.

Bow/gun hunting is the absolute best. Plain and simple. I love everything about it.
    It never gets old

68476425_2316998515021990_4635162348322029568_n.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/y5zDD2b

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

What draws you?

The rut.....I love deer camp more than just about anything, but if I could only hunt whitetails one week a year it would be the week leading up to Halloween.
    Last edited by outdoorlife; September 10th, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I grew up in a hunting family and was drawn to archery from an early age. I have shot bows of all disciplines since I was about 6, so naturally it carried into my hunting. Being in southern Ontario, archery is the obvious choice for deer hunting. The longer season is the biggest reason, but I also hunt a few places close to developments and the low noise factor is a big plus.

That said, I love rifle hunting as well. And if I lived north where there is a rifle season I would take part in that as well.

In general, I love hunting. I love the chase and matching of wits, the planning and structure of the hunt. The more ways I can do that, with bow or rifle, the better.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will squander all his earnings, relationships and free time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12