Thread: iHunter App

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default iHunter App

Does anyone use the app called iHunter? I downloaded it, and would like people thoughts or opinions on the app?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I've tried the Ihunter ontario app if thats the same thing your talking about. I tried it when they first came out and really liked it i am not sure how its configured now.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The IHunter App is OK.

But there is another App called SmartOut made by a member on here and it is quite good plus it's free. Just go to Playstore and type SmartOut.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

get both and decide for yourself.
    I have and use both of them.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    The IHunter App is OK.

But there is another App called SmartOut made by a member on here and it is quite good plus it's free. Just go to Playstore and type SmartOut.
    I thought that app was only a android app not apple
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes only for Android

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    I thought that app was only a android app not apple

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I've had the ihunt app for a couple years now. I love it. Mind you, I only really use it for seeing the wmu's and when the various seasons are.
    For an optional annual fee of $20 or $30 It looks like the app will give you mapping layers with things like public land and municipality information... I've not subscribed, but I'm interested.
    "Blessed beyond belief"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ive used it for some time now and paid the extra $$$ for the public lands/crown land info.
    WELL WORTH IT. Turns out there were 6 tracts of county forest that I didnt know was available for hunting (albeit only Turkey and Deer).
    This is as close to OnX we get here in Canada.

As a new hunter who is still building a repertoire of private land to hunt, this app and the added layer is well worth it.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newhunter81 View Post
    Ive used it for some time now and paid the extra $$$ for the public lands/crown land info.
    WELL WORTH IT. Turns out there were 6 tracts of county forest that I didnt know was available for hunting (albeit only Turkey and Deer).
    This is as close to OnX we get here in Canada.

As a new hunter who is still building a repertoire of private land to hunt, this app and the added layer is well worth it.
    Does the annual fee provide a layer with private landowner information similar to OnX?