Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Facebook and sub standard intelligence

  1. #21
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    There is also the "Burn out" factor. Every year there is the same old questions coming from a new group of people. Everyone tries to answer all their questions, and then they disappear.

    Next year same old questions, new group....which disappears as well.
    Ya, I hear ya, their loss though.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hey how about the guys that pound their chests and talk about how much work goes into waterfowl hunting but only breast their birds.
    "The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly."

  4. #23
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrierman41 View Post
    Hey how about the guys that pound their chests and talk about how much work goes into waterfowl hunting but only breast their birds.
    ????.
    Not sure of your point. Even if a hunter does not get a single bird, there is a lot to do. Scouting, rigging up, putting out decoys, collecting up decoys, building a hide. After everything thing that comes before and after a hunt, is it your option that if someone breasts out a bird that none of the work counts?
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

  5. #24
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    ????.
    Not sure of your point. Even if a hunter does not get a single bird, there is a lot to do. Scouting, rigging up, putting out decoys, collecting up decoys, building a hide. After everything thing that comes before and after a hunt, is it your option that if someone breasts out a bird that none of the work counts?
    If I had to speculate I believe what was trying to convey was with all the work invested in waterfowling a little more effort in recovering more from the bird would be more appropriate
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  6. #25
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    If I had to speculate I believe what was trying to convey was with all the work invested in waterfowling a little more effort in recovering more from the bird would be more appropriate
    what does he want people to do? You take the breast, the legs, and only meat left needs you to simmer the bird in a large pot of water for two to three hours.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

  7. #26
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    what does he want people to do? You take the breast, the legs, and only meat left needs you to simmer the bird in a large pot of water for two to three hours.
    Again I believe he is referring to those who only harvest the breast. If you take the legs that is so much better. I go so far as taking the wing drum, heart, gizzard, and can't forget the liver for some of the finest pate you could make.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  8. #27
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Again I believe he is referring to those who only harvest the breast. If you take the legs that is so much better. I go so far as taking the wing drum, heart, gizzard, and can't forget the liver for some of the finest pate you could make.
    Absolutely , Right On!

  9. #28
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    There is also the "Burn out" factor. Every year there is the same old questions coming from a new group of people. Everyone tries to answer all their questions, and then they disappear.
    Next year same old questions, new group....which disappears as well.
    Are you referring to?

    New Hunter: "Hi, new hunter here. Looking for a place to hunt deer, duck, etc"
    Response: "Knock on doors & ask permission, apply to hunt conservation properties, or drive to crown land"
    New Hunter:
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  10. #29
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Are you referring to?

    New Hunter: "Hi, new hunter here. Looking for a place to hunt deer, duck, etc"
    Response: "Knock on doors & ask permission, apply to hunt conservation properties, or drive to crown land"
    New Hunter: ( crickets)
    There is that too.
    I was think more along the lines of:
    First year.
    New hunters asks a few hundred questions, and members answer them.
    Second year.
    New group same questions...same answers.

    There are even members inviting them out for hunts, but very few takers.

    After a while I think Members just get tired of replying to the same questions every year with few if any results, and just start ignoring new ( Inexperienced) hunters.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

  11. #30
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    .

    After a while I think Members just get tired of replying to the same questions every year with few if any results, and just start ignoring new ( Inexperienced) hunters.
    I feel it may be more trying to filter out those who are truly interest in in getting into hunting and those merely looking for a cheap guided hunt.
    Hard to take a new hunter serious who shows up in Sept. looking for a mentor/hunting experience when in the spring have yet to get someone to come out on a training run and basically learn how to hunt with a pointing dog.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •