Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook and sub standard intelligence

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Facebook and sub standard intelligence

For about the 10th time this week another “hunter” is asking the Facebook experts when the waterfowl seasons start. When they ask these questions, they don’t even state what area they will be hunting.
    Every single hunter that buys a migratory bird lic. receives a brief summary of the waterfowl regulations that includes detailed information on seasons and bag limits.

In my opinion, if you don’t take the time to read the regulations, then you shouldn’t be hunting.

if you ask someone on Facebook, you deserve what you get!
    For all the rest of you responsible hunters, thank you.
    Last edited by JMatthews; September 10th, 2019 at 05:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    For about the 10th time this week another “hunter” is asking the Facebook experts when the waterfowl seasons start. When they ask these questions, they don’t even state what area they will be hunting.
    Every single hunter that buys a migratory bird lic. receives a brief summary of the waterfowl regulations that includes detailed information on seasons and bag limits.

In my opinion, if you don’t take the time to read the regulations, then you shouldn’t be hunting.

Fir all the rest of you responsible hunters, thank you.
    Hear, hear !!!!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

But, but,... I thought FaceBook knows everything? Haha.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

If you have your phone and show the C O the answer from facebook you won't get charged, seriously, my friend from facebook who I've never met in person told me.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I'm on a FB fishing site and some of the questions I see folks asking are real head shakers.One guy the other day mentioned he wanted to fish for sturgeon in the 613 region.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I really question the sanity of people who seem to live for Facebook. I think it's a form of mental illness.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post

For all the rest of you responsible hunters, thank you.
    Thank You for bringing that up! There are too many out there now that are too lazy to look things up for themselves, we see this on this forum quite often.
    They ask questions that are answered in black and white in the regulations summary, but if you mention this to them they get very indignant and resort to at times name calling because someone had dared to speak the truth.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I am one of the first to help out new hunters and mentor many new hunters every year. Most of these people exchange many emails with me ahead of time so that we all know what to expect when we get out hunting. These are the kind of hunters I spend the time with and encourage.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Not only do some ask stupid questions but others give stupid answers swearing it's the truth.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Thank You for bringing that up! There are too many out there now that are too lazy to look things up for themselves, we see this on this forum quite often.
    They ask questions that are answered in black and white in the regulations summary, but if you mention this to them they get very indignant and resort to at times name calling because someone had dared to speak the truth.
    Jaycee, you have to have a thick hide sometimes when your trying to help.

I get guestions ( not on the forum) from people that want to start hunting this year, about where to take the course, only days or weeks before the season starts.

Then there is the person( on the forum or in person) that asks the same question that you have answered maybe a few thousands of times.

Thick skin and lots of patience will see you through.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; September 11th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast