Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow deal alert

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Crossbow deal alert

Éxcalibur has released a new model called the AXE. The price point on this bow package can't be beat.

I have seen some used bow asking prices that are higher than buying a new AXE. Before you buy used have a look at the AXE...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You sponsored by them?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You sponsored by them?
    Yep and they pay me an insane amount of money and free hunts too... Life is good when your a pro-staffer...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Yep and they pay me an insane amount of money and free hunts too... Life is good when your a pro-staffer...
    Gotcha, so totally bias opinion.

Going to stick with my still great 2008 Exomax

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Éxcalibur has released a new model called the AXE. The price point on this bow package can't be beat.

I have seen some used bow asking prices that are higher than buying a new AXE. Before you buy used have a look at the AXE...
    x2 on this, couldn’t believe the price point when compared to other micros of the past. Thought it was too good to be true when I read them at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassboy19 View Post
    x2 on this, couldn’t believe the price point when compared to other micros of the past. Thought it was too good to be true when I read them at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want to know what changed since they were bought out by Bowtech. The quality of the old Excaliburs were known but Bowtech has had some issues from what I have read.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

That's not a deal. I saw in the basspro flyer they had the assassin 420 takedown for $1099 which normally has a $1799 price tag on it. Needless to say I flung an email to them and turns out it is a misprint. Shucks. Don't think the quality has changed since Bowtech took over and customer service sure hasn't. My buddies and I all run matrix 380's with 0 issues. I know of 1 guy who had a problem with a new 400 last year that had the crank on it. But that was operator error and messed it up himself but went to the factory and they repaired it free of charge while he waited.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    That's not a deal. I saw in the basspro flyer they had the assassin 420 takedown for $1099 which normally has a $1799 price tag on it. Needless to say I flung an email to them and turns out it is a misprint. Shucks. Don't think the quality has changed since Bowtech took over and customer service sure hasn't. My buddies and I all run matrix 380's with 0 issues. I know of 1 guy who had a problem with a new 400 last year that had the crank on it. But that was operator error and messed it up himself but went to the factory and they repaired it free of charge while he waited.
    Well that is good to hear.

I have read about older issues with Bowtech in the states and horrible customer service.

The nice thing is that I have never had to take mine for repair once. An exocet 165, never an issue either, just solidly built.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Cracked limbs are a problem with the new xcals due to the extreme pressure they have to deal with now. The draw weight is getting out of control IMO
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Cracked limbs are a problem with the new xcals due to the extreme pressure they have to deal with now. The draw weight is getting out of control IMO
    There have been a few accidental dry fires and snapped strings over the years on the "older" excals, have not blown up a limb doing even that. It was not me, it was people I know, ha ha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast