Thread: Savage Mark II Magazine finally died I think

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Savage Mark II Magazine finally died I think

Well my second gun I had bought when I was a teen a Lake Field MKII the magazine spring kinda lost it's spring. I have had this gun well since I was 16 so well over 30 years. The mag no longer pops the case up so you think your chambering a round but it's still has not popped up. It has been my go to gun for all my life it always came camping with me took many bunnies in NB where I use to hunt in the alders near my high school. I don't even know how many tens of thousands of rounds have gone through it, but it still shoots nice. The stock is beat to heck and when I install swivels on it 10 years ago I drilled the first hole in the wrong place so it has a small hole in the stock now.

Guess I will have to shell out 35 bucks for a new mag.

I bought the old gun in 1986 from Home Hardware on sale for $59.99 regularly 89.99. They were getting rid of their guns at the time.

Can you even buy a gun for 60 bucks used anymore?

I did buy an old 16 single for 15 bucks once back in the late 90's and a 303 for 75 bucks.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You are lucky that you can still get mags, I have 1 22 and my dad has another that finding mags is almost impossible. They are tack drivers though.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Well my second gun I had bought when I was a teen a Lake Field MKII the magazine spring kinda lost it's spring. I have had this gun well since I was 16 so well over 30 years. The mag no longer pops the case up so you think your chambering a round but it's still has not popped up. It has been my go to gun for all my life it always came camping with me took many bunnies in NB where I use to hunt in the alders near my high school. I don't even know how many tens of thousands of rounds have gone through it, but it still shoots nice. The stock is beat to heck and when I install swivels on it 10 years ago I drilled the first hole in the wrong place so it has a small hole in the stock now.

Guess I will have to shell out 35 bucks for a new mag.

I bought the old gun in 1986 from Home Hardware on sale for $59.99 regularly 89.99. They were getting rid of their guns at the time.

Can you even buy a gun for 60 bucks used anymore?

I did buy an old 16 single for 15 bucks once back in the late 90's and a 303 for 75 bucks.
    Bring the mag to camp. Maybe you'll get lucky.....and I can fix it. Bring the .22 as well.

I have five ten round mags, so I can carry the full 50 rounds in mags. No open boxes and rounds rolling around in my pack or glove compartment.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.