Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silverdale Range - Closed?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The next closest one to Silverdale that I know of that allows non-members is the CROWLAND GUN CLUB on the outskirts of Welland. It is however only open on Sundays and they have a limited range. Ken

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Any word on a reopening.... web page still says TBD

Any others in the GTA/Horseshoe area that allow walk ins?
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If it's still awaiting inspection from the CFO,they move slower than molasses in January.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA,A.F.& A.M. and Shriners Children's Hospitals.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So these guys were trying to shoot skeet with an SKS? There wouldn't be a down range backstop or target on the skeet range.... bunch of clowns ruining it for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    So these guys were trying to shoot skeet with an SKS? There wouldn't be a down range backstop or target on the skeet range.... bunch of clowns ruining it for everyone.

If that was what they were doing they should be banned forever from the range (and their names maybe sent to all ranges) .... and probably face criminal charges for unsafe use of a firearm.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I read on another forum that after Dec 1,Silverdale will be a fully private shooting club. Can anyone confirm?
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA,A.F.& A.M. and Shriners Children's Hospitals.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post

They weren't necessarily shooting " skeet " but were using the skeet range for their target shooting, which is a big no, no, as there is no backstop to stop any bullets from going where they are not supposed to as did happen, just plain stupidity on their part.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I read on another forum that after Dec 1,Silverdale will be a fully private shooting club. Can anyone confirm?
    I have not heard anything as of yet. Their last email mentioned annual membership, exciting new changes to the range and their goal to reopen all ranges in November

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12