Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hullett Marsh Pheasant Hunt

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I made it out to Hullett this morning. 1-3 on woodcock and one pheasant in the bag. Temps where nice for a change. Pheasant are much more scarce since the opener.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Out this morning, had Hullett all to myself. Only other people I saw all morning was a family heading out for a hike as I packed up. Flushed and shot one hen and found 2 predation sites, hawks likely. I like hunting Hullett when no one else is around.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Just curious: I was at Hullet last week and we are going tomorrow. I saw that there were soy beans still in the fields. Are we supposed to not hunt those areas? I'm used to the rules at Pelee where you cannot hunt planted fields. I didn't see anything about this on the Hullet website but I may have missed it. Thanks for your help!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Soybeans are still up. Let me first say those fields are some of my favorite fencelines. Can't say for sure if you can or cannot but out of respect for the farmers I side stepped them today.
    Don't need to trample the fields to find birds there. Had a good day today. plenty of misses on both sides provided a lot of opportunities for some good natured ribbing some how we managed four birds two of which banded.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ht6mRt]
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A great day. Thanks and look for my post.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Congrats on the successful hunt and bonus banded birds.......keep us in the loop on the prizes you received from the pheasants challenge tickets!
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Made it out to Hullett this morning for a hunt. Must have been a recent release as I quickly got a limit of roosters in no time. Anybody heading up there this weekend should be in for a good time.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Was also out today. Went one for three. Those roosters love to run!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Made it out to Hullett this morning for a hunt. Must have been a recent release as I quickly got a limit of roosters in no time. Anybody heading up there this weekend should be in for a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerman View Post
    Was also out today. Went one for three. Those roosters love to run!!
    Couple of reasons I like to bring a second gunner.
    can extend the day if you limit quickly and second flanking to box in a runner.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123