Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hullett Marsh Pheasant Hunt

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Well nice hunt...your dogs look awesome.....myself..... going to do the goose thing once the crops are off... then next week start bow hunting..... no grouse or pheasants in my near future....
    Might swap you a goose hunt if you're ever inclined to make the trip to Hullet. Dogs might make you consider to put the bow down
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Might swap you a goose hunt if you're ever inclined to make the trip to Hullet. Dogs might make you consider to put the bow down
    Might just have to do that one day
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

another couple hundred views and nothing? Ya Saturday wasn't too nice but yesterday must of been good for a walk. no one out?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Was out on Sunday morning with my lab and a buddy from a parking lot just north of conservation rd. Was much quieter on the pheasant front both in terms of vehicles and shooting. My lab was unrewarded again for some pretty respectable work over a couple hour period. It was a beautiful morning and a year ago I thought she’d never hunt again so Hunting has a special enjoyment to it right now. I’ve been trying to just let her have fun and let things come back to her. A family of turkeys crossed the road into our spot just as we pulled in and she was messing with them and were they’d been throughout the morning.

Was a busier morning over on the other side. We saw lots of waterfowl flying and it Sounded like the waterfowlers we’re having themselves a bit of a shoot on Sunday morning.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I dropped in this afternoon. Had the place to myself. It was hot and my DD coulda tripped on his tongue. Managed two hens. Both decent flyers and good meat yield.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Good to hear guys getting out and enjoying the place. Funny you should mention turkeys Outdoorlife. Been a common comment amongst most of the guys I spoke to.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nice job on the hunting FFF. glad to see guys are getting out early. Sounds like Hullett is the place to be. A friend of mine was out there on the weekend and reported similar activity.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeoneater5000 View Post
    Nice job on the hunting FFF. glad to see guys are getting out early. Sounds like Hullett is the place to be. A friend of mine was out there on the weekend and reported similar activity.
    Don't know where to answer you either here or on your thread however answer is going to be the same. Been holding off on grouse and woodcock as never find woodcock in good condition at the start of the season. So for me ya Hullet is a good place to start the season. Mostly gives the dogs a chance to stretch their legs and work off some summer steam. Was a bit surprised to encounter the woodcock at Hullet guess they knew they were safe.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FOH View Post
    Hello Friends,

Pheasant and small game hunting seasons start on Wednesday Sept 25 (Waterfowl-Sept 28).

Hunters and non-hunters can participate in the “Pheasant Challenge” for a chance to win 2 great prizes!

You can order via email from us and pay with PayPal on our website or send an email $ transfer and we will mail tickets to you (minimum 3 ticket purchase). Alternatively please visit our sponsors to buy them direct.

Attachment 38949

Friends of Hullett
    P.O. Box 1520,
    41378 Hydro Line Road,
    Clinton, ON N0M 1L0

Telephone: +1 (519) 482-7011

fohoffice@tcc.on.ca
    www.hullettmarsh.com

FACEBOOK

Instagram:
    @hullett_marsh
    I'd hope many would buy a ticket even if they can't hunt up there this year. We need to do all we can to keep this release programme going.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Went out today. No flushes or points. Did hear two shots. Met some others and had good conversation. All in all a fun day with the dogs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast