Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97

Thread: Woodcock report

  1. #11
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Went 1-3 at Hullett today. Reports from friends moose hunting up north say there’s snow on the ground up there. So I’m Sure there’s more on there way.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Went 1-3 at Hullett today. Reports from friends moose hunting up north say there’s snow on the ground up there. So I’m Sure there’s more on there way.
    any pheasant encounters?

    Dirty hunt today, lost count of the birds flushed maybe a dozen? only 1 for the board. Hopefully calling for frost tonight may get the canopy to fall.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hqdMz4]
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  4. #13
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Looks like you had a fun hunt FFF. One pheasant at Hullett today.

  5. #14
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thinking of heading out to a spot tomorrow/Sunday to kick up some covers around Norfolk county on the conservation Canada lands....anyone interested in a walk in the bush tomorrow with an odd chance of woodcock/nice day out let me know...btw you can get permission on their website to hunt those locations.

  6. #15
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ali1k1 View Post
    Thinking of heading out to a spot tomorrow/Sunday to kick up some covers around Norfolk county on the conservation Canada lands....anyone interested in a walk in the bush tomorrow with an odd chance of woodcock/nice day out let me know...btw you can get permission on their website to hunt those locations.
    You got a dog? Bit early for woodcock I find Norfolk gets better as the weather gets cold. Up your post count so you can take advantage of the PM system. Also keep in mind they have a decent pheasant program you need to buy a municipal license all info available on their website.
    Lastly tick prevention and awareness is important.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  7. #16
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks..that's exactly what I was thinking....don't have a dog....last year was able to flush a few without a dog..but that was later in the month...on second thought I'll skip it for a couple of weeks..I've read about the tick issues in the area. Once again thanks for the heads up and confirming my doubts about going early!...i skip the pheasant permit... without a dog i would consider that impossible in the release sites.

  8. #17
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I flushed 5 woodcock on Saturday morning in the Niagara region.

    We worked the same bush 2 weeks ago and didn't flush anything... would that make these birds flight birds?
    "Blessed beyond belief"

  9. #18
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    [QUOTE=Jburl;1093780 We worked the same bush 2 weeks ago and didn't flush anything... would that make these birds flight birds?[/QUOTE]

    Thanksgiving used to be the end of the flights. Lately its the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if they are migrants. Should start to see a steady trickle pushing through. Doesn't look like any major system to push them along. Looking forward to an extended time with them.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  10. #19
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jburl View Post
    I flushed 5 woodcock on Saturday morning in the Niagara region.

    We worked the same bush 2 weeks ago and didn't flush anything... would that make these birds flight birds?
    Not necessarily, local birds start moving around in Sep and Oct before leaving
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

  11. #20
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    had a double flush on Saturday near woodstock. Typically find a handful in this bush. We had 3 guys and 3 dogs working. Hope for better luck on the weekend.


Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •