Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose fever !!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Moose fever !!

Hi all ,
    We are a week away from heading up to WMU 22 for our annual Moose Hunt !! When is everyone leaving ?
    I'm totally excited and waiting to be back on our Lake . From the Archery opener , i can see that the Bulls are hot on the
    prowl for Cows... I saw some pics from White River Air and their Hunters have harvested some pretty big bulls so far...
    Let's hope , when the gun season opens , the Bulls will come into our calls !!! Last year , we had miserable weather..so
    far , looking better !
    Everyone , have a safe and successful Hunt !!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

1 week from today I will be at camp, in front of a 1960's tin barrel stove, looking out through the plastic of the shack, loving the lantern light, and a warm rum in hand.
    I can't wait.
    Just hope for cool weather and no wind. Everything else will be fine.
    Good luck to all.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brkygetr View Post
    1 week from today I will be at camp, in front of a 1960's tin barrel stove, looking out through the plastic of the shack, loving the lantern light, and a warm rum in hand.
    I can't wait.
    Just hope for cool weather and no wind. Everything else will be fine.
    Good luck to all.
    X2 - head to our camps in Quebec for a bull, will run a few things up on Saturday, and start packing on Sunday. It will be a long week next week.

Praying for decent weather. Good luck to all!!!
    If hunting is a sport, than I'm an athlete.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Two weeks from today we head to the camp (WMU50) with a Cow tag for the Saturday (!!?) opener with a full crew of ten. After years of no tags despite having the required number of hunters and then having the government disallow the guaranteed group size,our camp almost fell apart. We're still alive and kickin'....for now,but,I still get the feeling that we're operating on borrowed time,especially,in light of the federal government's vow with regard to banning semi-auto firearms that we use for hunting.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We are heading to set up our camp wmu 50 also on the 17th but We only have calf tags so there will only be 4 of us this year but We will have a good time regardless,and We have got calves in the past. Have a good hunt everyone and be safe. Mike

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Headed to a Buddies camp in 47 in a couple weeks, somehow we are lucky enough to have the only bull tag for the entire WMU! looking forward to it for sure.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bester View Post
    Headed to a Buddies camp in 47 in a couple weeks, somehow we are lucky enough to have the only bull tag for the entire WMU! looking forward to it for sure.
    WOW!! Your crew got a Bull tag in 47? Every one of you should buy lottery tickets when you get there.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Your crew got a Bull tag in 47?
    It's not "a" bull tag - it's "the" bull tag!
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Just starting out

User Info Menu

i hunt 47 too, and your the 4th person i`ve heard of that has a bull tag...besides the outfitters that get one automatically

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeezer View Post
    i hunt 47 too, and your the 4th person i`ve heard of that has a bull tag...besides the outfitters that get one automatically
    Interesting, according to the province there is only one bull tag available for the entire WMU. I hunt 47 as well but gave up on the moose draw years ago. Have them walking down my driveway regularly in the fall but only get to look.

OP - sorry to derail your thread - best of luck out there.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast