Thread: Soggy Fall Turkey

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Soggy Fall Turkey

Out of office the last day or so, so i wasn't able to post right away.....Great little turkey hunt in the rain on Tuesday.. Snuck out of work a little early into the woods by 4....Had an idea where I’d find them, drive by their field and there’s 6 birds standing in the rain...Quick hustle, but they moved back further...couple more failed attempts to get in front of them...finally get to a spot I’m sure they’ll come through....pick the closest and take the shot...18 1/2 lbs gobbler, 6 inch beard, 5/8 inch spurs, no monster but a nice fall bird all the way...first bird since Spring of 2018 for me and not far from where the Wesley shot his first ever turkey....Grateful to say the least....

TurkeyJohn

2019fallturkey.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Nice Gobbler John congrats. What happened, you didn't pull the boy out of school for this one LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Nice Gobbler John congrats. What happened, you didn't pull the boy out of school for this one LOL
    Thanks Dan..., if I remember right....?

He had already taken off to the rink with Mom....He's enjoying the waterfowl so much that turkeys have taken a back seat for him, besides, gives me a chance to shoot again...

TurkeyJohn

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice story, good bird
    Congrats
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Papa John has to shoot too once and awhile, I would of done the same thing. Congrats again
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Congrats on a nice fall tom