Thread: Poult Size

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Poult Size

I was out on friday doing some work on a couple of my stands when I bumped a couple of family groups. The poults in the first group were about 3/4 the size of the adult hen but the second family group had poults the size of a grouse and smaller. I knew the spring was cold and wet but when did these things hatch, mid July? Hopefully the fall is kind to these guys and they put on some weight to get through the winter.

Ange.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Most likely a real late hatch but I am still surprised how small they would be at this time of year.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

So if turkeys hatch on a property do they return repeat like some geese and ducks

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Saw 4 hens and 12 poults yesterday, about 3/4 grown. Likely the poults , grouse size, would be from a second nesting. the first likely destroyed by predators. or weather.old243

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

There 3 hens down the road from where I was picking wild grapes with their poults. All 3 sets were different sizes.