Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A moment of panic

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default A moment of panic

Was sitting in my "favorite" spot reading the latest OOD mag and realized that when I bought my Deer license back in May that I had a receipt and a license but no tag. 4 weeks til the opener and no frikken tag. On the puter I go and after jumping thru hoops and typing in my outdoors card number 4 different places, I was finally able to access a page with my printable tag. Oh my, what a relief. This new system of tags and licensing is geared more to younger folk with more computer knowledge and not for technology challenged old f4rts like me. LOL All is well in the end.................... Good luck to all this season........................Daniel
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

You're not alone my friend. That's why I went to CTC and had them do it for me. In and out in less than 10 minutes. It was painless...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default A moment of panic

Yup service Ontario from now on lucky have one close

Still not 100% sure what your suppose to do when you get a deer
    tag it if you go to get recovery vehicle
    Notch it before gutting it

Before if you pulled it out of pond before tagging it was offence

Ps have tag paper and summary paper in a rolladex I carry. First paper if lawyers info lol
    Last edited by js4fn; October 8th, 2019 at 08:44 AM.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Not a lot of difference once you down the deer. You still have to notch the paper before you move it. Only need to attach tag if you are not with animal. I will be carrying tag in zip lock bag to keep dry. I will also carry a zip tie, so I can attach to deer if and when I leave it to get quad and to leave a butchers.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    Yup service Ontario from now on lucky have one close

Still not 100% sure what your suppose to do when you get a deer
    tag it if you go to get recovery vehicle
    Notch it before gutting it

Before if you pulled it out of pond before tagging it was offence

Ps have tag paper and summary paper in a rolladex I carry. First paper if lawyers info lol
    Please note the not all Service Ontario offices even deal in hunting licenses or tags.In my area Norwood and Campbellford offices do not even have licenses.This means Bancroft would be where you might have to go or Peterborough.In Mississauga I believe only ONE office in Brampton deals in hunting licenses.I am only pointing this out in case some hunters might be assuming at the last minute they can get service at their local Service Ontario office.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    Not a lot of difference once you down the deer. You still have to notch the paper before you move it. Only need to attach tag if you are not with animal. I will be carrying tag in zip lock bag to keep dry. I will also carry a zip tie, so I can attach to deer if and when I leave it to get quad and to leave a butchers.
    I imagine a few guys this year will get caught out on this one.They hang their deer on the pole and decide to leave camp for a case of beer or a paper and forget
    to place a tag on the deer.They get back to camp and who is standing under the meat pole....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    I imagine a few guys this year will get caught out on this one.They hang their deer on the pole and decide to leave camp for a case of beer or a paper and forget
    to place a tag on the deer.They get back to camp and who is standing under the meat pole....
    Easy, get back to camp and zip tie that bag to the deer, then you can come and go and it does not matter.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Easy, get back to camp and zip tie that bag to the deer, then you can come and go and it does not matter.
    I guess you did not figure out who was standing under the meat pole,I,am sorry for making the post so difficult for you to figure out,my bad.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    I guess you did not figure out who was standing under the meat pole,I,am sorry for making the post so difficult for you to figure out,my bad.
    Our group will tag the same as before!! No worries then.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Our group will tag the same as before!! No worries then.

How is the tagging to be done. I thought I read a round an antler or through a slit in the ear.
    The old seals were peel and stick, and sort of moisture prove . The new tags are straight paper without a sticky side, what do you do carry a stapler to staple them together? If they get damp or soaked I can see them deteriorating. It's really not all that clear how they are to be used. Have I misread or missed something?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast