Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S.A. Hunting laws.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Post U.S.A. Hunting laws.

Just watching you tube last night and episodes of North Wood,s Law,I cannot believe some of the laws enacted down there for hunters.

You have to register your deer kill in a paper report at certain stations.

You have to register a bail pile for deer.

You have to label your deer stand with your name and address.

You have to have your name and address on your hunting arrows and bolts.

Thank goodness we are in Canada and Ontario where we give real meaning to the land of the free.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Just watching you tube last night and episodes of North Wood,s Law,I cannot believe some of the laws enacted down there for hunters.

Thank goodness we are in Canada and Ontario where we give real meaning to the land of the free.
    I'm sure Americans could write a couple paragraphs on our gun laws and proposed new gun control, and be thankful they live in a country that is a land of the free, not like us up north..lol

Member for Life

User Info Menu

LOL. Some of those shows are taped in New Hampshire,the "Live Free or Die" state. In New York,it's an offense to conceal harvested big game in a vehicle. Truck beds and trailers must be uncovered and car trunks must remain open. Can you imagine the yelling and screaming if we did that here? After a cursory check,baiting in all forms is illegal in the those states,too. With all their rules and regulations,it's a wonder anyone's hunting down there,at all.
    Last edited by trimmer21; October 6th, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on whisky and wild women. The rest I just wasted.
    Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand ​F/V Time Bandit

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You need to check some of the Laws in other Provinces, you will find that the labelling of bolts and arrows is more common then you think. Then there are things like in Nova Scotia you can shoot ground hogs, Coyotes and things all year round, but you can not have a centrefire rifle in your possession for four to six months of the year. You can not even legally drive to the range with it in the car.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

This one is priceless! lol

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    You need to check some of the Laws in other Provinces, you will find that the labelling of bolts and arrows is more common then you think. Then there are things like in Nova Scotia you can shoot ground hogs, Coyotes and things all year round, but you can not have a centrefire rifle in your possession for four to six months of the year. You can not even legally drive to the range with it in the car.
    Hunting regs in the Maritimes are from another planet. There must be something in the government water coolers that causes permanent brain freeze.
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on whisky and wild women. The rest I just wasted.
    Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand ​F/V Time Bandit

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Is there really anywhere else with as liberal of hunting regulations as Ontario? Everything is allowed here with very little follow up other than an online survey. Xbows in archery seasons. Any electronic gadgets you'd like. Baiting. Party hunting. Heck, now you don't even need to tag the animal and you print your own tag (and pinky sweat you'll only print 1). It's a joke. I'm already hearing stories about guys taking advantage of this system, 1 week into archery deer season. Let's just call it, "extreme party hunting".
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    I'm already hearing stories about guys taking advantage of this system, 1 week into archery deer season. Let's just call it, "extreme party hunting".
    Are you calling the COs to have them go talk to these guys?

There is no money for gas, why bother having any rules when there is no enforcement.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

There is no money for gas, why bother having any rules when there is no enforcement.

I fully agree on that point Fox, they should not make laws that they are incapable of enforcing. It creates a poor impression of law enforcement. The classical example is posting a speed limit of 100 km/hr. on 400 highways, and having enforcers sitting back until motorist exceed 120 km/hr before they do anything. Worst still is the idea of setting speed limits at all. There is enough inboard computer technology in car today, to hold them to whatever speed deemed to promotes public safety. The government should place the onus on car manufactures to ensure unsafe speeds are no traveled, not drivers. Then come down hard on those who tamper with the cars to speed them up. IMHO

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.\
    - Gun Nut

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The MNR is complaint driven now (from a CO's mouth) ..so if you see a crime being perpetrate you have to call them. I guess that means the sport has become self regulated and we have to do out part to ensure the laws are adhered too. Use the the snitch line or turn a blind eye...its up to you as a Hunter.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast