Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer season is here: How many tags you printing?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Deer season is here: How many tags you printing?

A facetious and rhetorical question about a ridiculous and ill-conceived licensing system.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I just came from the local outdoor store after buying my small game and deer license. This new system is a joke! Just too bad there's nothing funny about it.
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

there's a coincidence...I was at the Kemptville MNR this morning to pick up my Turkey Tag and get my deer tag/license printed. Walked straight to the counter, no waiting. In and out in 10 minutes.

It was Easy Peasy and a had nice chat with the lady. She did mention that she was pleased I hadn't tried already to print it off before I came in...I guess that becomes a pain for them.

Since neither of the beasts will be out of my site before I put them in the freezer that paper work can notched and then tucked back into my day pack and never see the light of day again. Far better system for guys like me that hunt in their own back yards.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Party

I know this topic has been around since this new system started and some feel a poacher is a poacher no matter what. But any crime prevention meeting l have attended you are advised to lock your doors, don't leave keys in your vehicle to make it as hard as you can to prevent the crime. At one time the MNR had yellow plastic snap on tags that only lasted a year or two. If this tag system is new and improved what was wrong with the old way?
    Experience is what you gain when you didn't get what you wanted.

Many are called but only a few are chosen.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have printed two. My primary (already notched and filled) plus my additional.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

PDF saved on my desktop. I'll print some spares right now. It's a joke
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Guys, the new system is fine. It is cheap, convenient and used in many other jurisdictions successfully. If you don't have access to a computer printer, in most cases you should be able to have contact with someone who does.

Poachers are going to poach. Honest people are going to remain honest.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I noticed a big lack of successful hunting reports. People seem to be keeping a notched tag off the net.

I wonder what is up with that? lol

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyBoots View Post
    Guys, the new system is fine. It is cheap, convenient and used in many other jurisdictions successfully. If you don't have access to a computer printer, in most cases you should be able to have contact with someone who does.

Poachers are going to poach. Honest people are going to remain honest.
    Not really, if they had kept servicing hunters at all the Service Ontario offices that would have been helpful but they did not,now people have to drive long distances if they do not have a computer or printer or access to the internet,not everybody lives in Hamilton.

As far as poachers is concerned,why make a paper tag that is easy to copy,when the old plastic tag was more secure and harder to fool with and it was waterproof.The phone in tag system was working fine and they screwed the whole thing over.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    there's a coincidence...I was at the Kemptville MNR this morning to pick up my Turkey Tag and get my deer tag/license printed. Walked straight to the counter, no waiting. In and out in 10 minutes.

It was Easy Peasy and a had nice chat with the lady. She did mention that she was pleased I hadn't tried already to print it off before I came in...I guess that becomes a pain for them.

Since neither of the beasts will be out of my site before I put them in the freezer that paper work can notched and then tucked back into my day pack and never see the light of day again. Far better system for guys like me that hunt in their own back yards.
    I had the same experience at our local Service Ontario printing my deer tag. She was very happy that I did not attempt to print my tag before coming in.
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast