Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Got Ducks?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

In Huron South Dakota right now...clouds of mallards and divers. a tonne of geese. Thinking they flew straight down from the north again and skipped the usual stop over's mid way....?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I have been seeing excellent numbers of wood ducks around the London area.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Things have been slow on my ponds. I usually hunt southern Muskoka area and near Barrie and up the 400 corridor.

G-Bay waterlevels all messed up. It has flooded out bays that haven't been flooded out for decades. Spots that used to be prime for wading are way to deep to wade in to this season. I think the ducks in my area might be exploring some new areas. Might have something to do with the slow start to the season.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Was waiting for 300 geese to lift off a field last night and seen likely 75-150 ducks come into the field. Havnt seen many ducks yet this year and still yet to shoot any. I havnt been putting any mojos or duck decoys out so only seen a few since the opener.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Holy moly! Well I was wrong in my last post. Had to be 200 ducks and 300 geese tonight trying to land.

We were late after work and so many seen us setting up. O well we managed to limit on ducks and 4 geese for 2 guys. We had zero duck decoys too, first ducks we have shot this year.

Best part all the geese and ducks landed across the road in another wheat field we can hunt. We have hunted it 3 times already and they still pile in there Lol hunting it in the morning

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Holy moly! Well I was wrong in my last post. Had to be 200 ducks and 300 geese tonight trying to land.

We were late after work and so many seen us setting up. O well we managed to limit on ducks and 4 geese for 2 guys. We had zero duck decoys too, first ducks we have shot this year.

Best part all the geese and ducks landed across the road in another wheat field we can hunt. We have hunted it 3 times already and they still pile in there Lol hunting it in the morning

Good luck, hope to get out myself...
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234