Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Common Decency

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Common Decency

As many of you know, I regularly take out new hunters or those who may not have a place to hunt. I invited a forum member to hunt with me tomorrow and we went back and forth a number of times to finally choose a date, tomorrow. In all of my posts and email, messages I am very clear that I live near Chesley in Bruce County. As of yesterday, we are good to go and I even talked to the forum member on the phone.
    I hear back from him today that he isnít able to come because he didnít realize I was 2 1/2 hours from him.
    Unacceptable behaviour!
    I am now going to be going out by myself, which is fine but I am a little unhappy with the forum memberís behaviour.
    Very short notice but if someone else wants to go with me, let me know.
    email is deercreek2012@gmail.com it text 519-889-2999
    A big thank you to all the rest of the forum members I have hunted with over the years. You have all been diligent and respectful of my and your time.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about that John. What were you going out hunting for?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hunting ducks

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That has to suck....... if I didn't have to work, I would be all over that...
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Thats unfortunate John, but don’t let that one bad apple ruin it for your self and everyone else. I would of been all over that if I didn’t have to work.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I just heard from Snowwalker and we’re heading out. Nice to be out with a forum member I have followed for years but never met.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    I just heard from Snowwalker and weíre heading out. Nice to be out with a forum member I have followed for years but never met.
    glad this worked out for you. sucks to have stuff like that happen.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Just checked the weather. Rain tonight, Rain tomorrow with a high of 12 degrees. Should be fun.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It will be 2 in the morning and no rain until later in the day. It will be great weather for ducks

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Your efforts will not go unnoticed by the forum. All we can do is try. I have this problem every weekend with people who say they will show and do not. For me, it is a minor annoyance, but like you said...you still got to go. Some mornings I have no idea how many are going to show up, which makes last minute shuffling of bodies and positions on the ponds.

I try to keep focused on the higher meaning of training new hunters, but it can be annoying at times. It all washes out in the end, and I still get to raise a gun on a hunt.
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast