Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit the Bullet

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Bit the Bullet

Did the research...made my choice...found a solid dealer that was willing to take the time and work with me ( stay away from Harris Boatworks on the south side of Rice Lake )...and placed an order for a new boat. I want it to be turn key. No aftermarket installs, so I need your help. This is all new to me. The trolling motor and fish finder have been chosen, it's the other things I have no idea about. Accessories. What would you add if cost was not a factor.
    The world is 70% water, might as well fish it.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Smooth moves seat bases. The best option I bought! If your a troller, running planer boards. A rod holder tree on each side. I have a big jon. Slowly switching out everything to cisco holders.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Oh... I wish I had of installed an autopilot system. I didnt think of it. Now need to replace fishfinder and add unit. Im in an 18.5' but 95% troll. 5% cruise and beach

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Power Poles!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Depends where you will be fishing, Rice lake is very different to the great lakes where redundancy will be the key to safety. Having a GPS unit backed up with a map and compass (map is required if off-shore), two batteries and a separate trolling motor with its own fuel tank would be up on my list. There have been a few times I have come back under power of the trolling motor when the main motor died, and navigated by GPS due to thick fog.
    " Grant Mountain Bloodhounds Clementine Burgermeister TD, MiSAR"

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

mostly depends on you what someone else suggests may not be right for you once you get a couple times you will start finding out what things that will make your fishing easier, make a list and slowly add on good luck and enjoy

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think size of boat has something to do with what you can add in the way of perks.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If its a big boat I'd have a kicker motor

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Onboard charger wired to all possible battery locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Bilge pump with an "auto" and a "on" setting.
    Most come with just an "on" setting.
    "Auto" allows you to leave the switch on but the pump only turns on when in senses water.
    I would stay away from the "float" type. I like the one that has a sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast