Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter storage mice tips....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    What Werner says. Trap them at this time of the season--outside the boat. Use every type trap you can think of including the time tested peanut butter on a soda can drowning bucket.
    The peanut butter on a pop bottle cleaned out our moose camp pretty quick. Put one of these in a boat with antifreeze instead of water.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I had the same problem, with mice. I like to store the boat ready to fish with rods, tackle boxes, etc under the custom fitted cover. After realizing some damage to cork handles and seat foam,etc. I discovered the cure, moth balls. I always have some in the compartments and load the boat with extras for the winter. No problems since. I now use the same method for winter storage of the camper.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Mothballs in every compartment of my boat. And also shaved Irish Spring in a margarine tub also in every compartment. No issues last year and the smell was still quite strong when we pulled the cover off.
    Lest we forget : I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in Canada that should own firearms are the Military and the Police..." Alan Rock Liberal Justice Minister 1995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12