Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter storage mice tips....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    What Werner says. Trap them at this time of the season--outside the boat. Use every type trap you can think of including the time tested peanut butter on a soda can drowning bucket.
    The peanut butter on a pop bottle cleaned out our moose camp pretty quick. Put one of these in a boat with antifreeze instead of water.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I had the same problem, with mice. I like to store the boat ready to fish with rods, tackle boxes, etc under the custom fitted cover. After realizing some damage to cork handles and seat foam,etc. I discovered the cure, moth balls. I always have some in the compartments and load the boat with extras for the winter. No problems since. I now use the same method for winter storage of the camper.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Mothballs in every compartment of my boat. And also shaved Irish Spring in a margarine tub also in every compartment. No issues last year and the smell was still quite strong when we pulled the cover off.
    Enjoy the greatness of Canada and be proud of your hunting heritage !

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Mothballs in open trays in each compartment. Then come spring air it out for 3-4 days and you are good to go.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    Mothballs in open trays in each compartment. Then come spring air it out for 3-4 days and you are good to go.
    I went with the mothballs and dryer sheets..... Just went to look at it the other day and it looks to be in good shape.... I guess when I pull it out next month we will know for sure....
    Here's hoping for another good season
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12