Thread: Let it rain please.....alot

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Let it rain please.....alot

Time to get serious about woodcock here. Unfortunately weather is not cooperating. Been bone dry here and my bush is suffering. Seems the birds are filtering in however without the typical forest puddles they don't seem to be stacking up. Sure there must be a bunch of them somewhere however having trouble finding the sweat spot.
    Dry conditions even gave the matriarch trouble as they seem to be running more. Rains in the forecast the next couple of days so here's hoping to more consistent numbers
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hvEikM]

Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

25 mm rain for the North East tomorrow, you can have it. We had lots.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I’m with you! Let it rain!!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

nope. im hoping that these corn stalks will be cut and all this rain is going to spell a standing corn controlled hunt where i am. rain can wait in my books :P

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Rain Wednesday, and yes the bush needs it.

Those of us who are hunting moose NEXT week, prefer to have rain THIS week anyway!!!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Keep your rain! Its messing with my fishing and the pickerel are really hitting.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Don't believe the birds are stacked anywhere as I don't believe they are moving much. Been Southerly winds the last two weeks so doubt they will migrate just yet until the winds change.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

On mass no but they are trickling threw. Locating birds normally on edge cover where you just know they've dropped in for the night. Thing is its one here one there. One of the birds taken was still in pin feathers so who knows as the birds gave up no info on interrogation.
    With 60km winds from the northwest should test your theory.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted