Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Excalibur crossbows - do not buy

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Excalibur crossbows - do not buy- UPDATE

DO NOT BUY!!! One of the worst experiences!!! Bought Excalibur Bulldog 440 package a month ago and put 3 bolt to sight it in.... Went hunting and shot a deer from 20 yards.... The left limb split in peaces... injured a deer, hopefully it will survive. Called customer service (and they never pickup the phone, you have to leave a message, they called back after 2 voicemails). Drove to Kitchener to repair. Came back and sighted in again (with 4 arrows). Went hunting... Sitting on tree-stand, crossbow is hanging on the hook beside me... Suddenly, hear cracking... Looked at the limbs.... the right limb STARTS SPLITTING right in front of my eyes!!! OMG!!! Second day of hunt RUINED!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE PEACE OF EQUIPMENT!!! 2 days of PRIME hunting time is gone/wasted, gas, time from work.thumbnail_IMG_2249.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2392.jpg

UPDATE: Went their shop and they replaced the limbs (also was told that they had a batch of limbs "overcooked" . Went hunting yesterday and was able to stay all day... Limbs did not breake! I am so happy : ). Did not see a deer though : (
    Last edited by oxotnik; October 26th, 2019 at 08:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Not the same company that we used to trust implicitly...poor service now dragging a good name down.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What do you do when your limb is cracking at full draw? Throw it to the ground before it explodes in your face? Lol

ty luck and this is another reason I'll keep my 15 year old excal

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think their quest for "unneeded" speed is blowing up-in hunter's faces..........

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Awe man that sucks spend good money and have that happen not once but twice plus lost bush time
    They should upgrade you to what ever you want

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    They should upgrade you to what ever you want
    Maybe 'downgrade' to an old stlye, proven safe model.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Maybe 'downgrade' to an old stlye, proven safe model.
    I’m very happy with my assassin 420TD

But ops bow is wow scary wouldnt want to be walking with it drawn and slung over a shoulder

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

That sucks, lucky you weren't injured when it failed.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes, glad to hear you didn't catch that in the teeth. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I will call them on Monday and recommend to include full head helmet in the kit : (

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast