Thread: Here we go

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Here we go

120221781_632104877497304_543426156312997379_n.jpg

A few days away from our bow season and things are slowing down on our farm giving me a chance to focus on sealing the deal with the bow again this year. kids helped pick a few apples and we put about 40 lbs in the freezer and then we carted a sled out to the deer blind. having the girls involved now makes this a whole lot sweeter. hope to keep them out of school the odd morning as they take turns to sit in the blind with me throughout the fall as long as covid doesn't shut us all down again.

neighbour took a few videos of deer running in and out about 100 yards from my blind near the pond while he cut the beans this weekend. he has a crazy idea that im going to get a deer so i can shoot one for him too. I hope his faith is enough to make that come true.
    As I can only hunt when kids are in school, I am hoping to put a deer in the freezer before november if i can so i can have fun shooting at ducks without worrying about no venison for the winter months. I don't have the expectation that we'll have a deer every year, so we can only hope for the best. but a pile of apples might help us out a bit.

I remind myself each season that hunting is a hobby for me, not an obsession or definition of who I am. That way if i get skunked or life happens and i cant hunt much this fall, I try to keep myself grounded in that and not feel like i've failed anyone with the lack of pepperettes at christmas time.

Shoot straight and enjoy your time in the woods and fields everyone! Try to have some fun regardless if you get to take a deer or simply watch the birds and the squirrels.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Good luck .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Good luck. I hope you fill your tag early this year.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Great post, wise words. My feelings are much the same lately. Hunting was more of an obsession to be successful 10 or 15 years ago. Now it's more about enjoying the time and the success of others and introducing my kids to it all.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Well if you don’t get a deer at least you have apples lol good luck and enjoy the time with the kids
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Good luck..... looking forward to seeing how it plays out for you
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"