User Info Menu

Yup get rid of the decals!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    The Exocet was shooting JUST as BEFORE!!!!No adjustment,no tweaking,same points of impact too.

Now dropping it 13 feet is not recommended-but please let me know if this is not sign of a quality!!!!!A high quality.

I am not affiliated with Excalibur,and have no Excalibur fetish......BUT guys,lets see the next crossbow repeat this feat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember the old Excaliber ads with a pickup truck driving over the limbs? Seems they don't advertise that anymore.
    I've always wanted an Exocet 200, but my Vixen II that I bought, used, for $300, 10 years ago keeps shooting like the day I got it, so I have no plans to buy a new bow.
    I built up a dozen custom arrows with Gold Tip carbon shafts, blazer vanes, heavy brass point inserts and 125gr 1" Slick Tricks fixed broadheads. I target shoot with matching 125gr field points, then fire a broadhead or two to confirm POI, and I haven't had to touch my scope adjustment since I installed I installed a custom string (Flemish XCel "Boo String" from Don Katsumi) in 2013.
    Absolutely love this bow. I keep my eyes open for a "trashed" Exocet 200 (or something between an exocet 200 and an exomag) to snag the (straight) beam and/or riser to upgrade mine, though I expect anyone with issues would have homefully gone through warranty repair before Bowtech bought them. There were rumours years ago of being able to buy "parts" through their warranty/repair center, but I'm sure that's long over with.
    The xbows in that generation really only differed in graphics and length of beam, though at one point post 2003, the riser changed slightly, with the limbs being angled slightly forward (at rest), resulting in slightly more flex in the limbs when strung (and cocked) giving an incremental increase in speed.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    If your arrows have labels on them, use some acetone and take them off, they kind of melt going into the target and gets them stuck
    also an issue with the type of plastic used in some targets like the "Block" brand ones. The plastic melts to the shaft when they penetrate, from the high friction. I have a cheapo walmart target made or plastic canvas, coroplast (like election signs) and cardboard.
    It won't last through as much shooting as a "Block" type, or a 3D range (foam/plastic animal shapes) but arrows slide out fairly easily with a thread in T-handle puller.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Rick,
    Do you have permission from the boss yet....
    Check Cabelas on black Friday could be a steal
    https://www.cabelas.ca/product/13282...ur-micro-axe-3 from 40-crossbow-package
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Rick,
    Do you have permission from the boss yet....
    Check Cabelas on black Friday could be a steal
    https://www.cabelas.ca/product/13282...ur-micro-axe-3 from 40-crossbow-package
    Haha.. yea thanks! It on my “list”..... lol

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keating View Post
    Remember the old Excaliber ads with a pickup truck driving over the limbs? Seems they don't advertise that anymore.
    I've always wanted an Exocet 200, but my Vixen II that I bought, used, for $300, 10 years ago keeps shooting like the day I got it, so I have no plans to buy a new bow.
    I built up a dozen custom arrows with Gold Tip carbon shafts, blazer vanes, heavy brass point inserts and 125gr 1" Slick Tricks fixed broadheads. I target shoot with matching 125gr field points, then fire a broadhead or two to confirm POI, and I haven't had to touch my scope adjustment since I installed I installed a custom string (Flemish XCel "Boo String" from Don Katsumi) in 2013.
    Absolutely love this bow. I keep my eyes open for a "trashed" Exocet 200 (or something between an exocet 200 and an exomag) to snag the (straight) beam and/or riser to upgrade mine, though I expect anyone with issues would have homefully gone through warranty repair before Bowtech bought them. There were rumours years ago of being able to buy "parts" through their warranty/repair center, but I'm sure that's long over with.
    The xbows in that generation really only differed in graphics and length of beam, though at one point post 2003, the riser changed slightly, with the limbs being angled slightly forward (at rest), resulting in slightly more flex in the limbs when strung (and cocked) giving an incremental increase in speed.
    im a big fan of the vintage stuff... motorcycles, etc.
    seems that the older style of excals are now falling into that category?
    the old saying "if it aint broke dont fix it". love my excalibur!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Excalibur micro is the best crossbow on the market, spend the extra money and throw that airplane in the garbage.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Have to agree with u after a bad fall 3 year ago , I ended up with a 8 “ metal road for collar bone with 8 screw than make late season bow hunting with my Monster Chill at 70 lb to hard in cold weather after a miss opportunity last Saturday I went to Trombly for they Black Friday sale and pick a late season crossbow Excalibur Micro Krytek Raid 335 fully loaded after taking 10 arrow for dead center grouping at 20and 30 yard when out last night took that six pointer with a pass true shoot at 30 yard having done my research and having friends using they old Excalibur for 30 year , they have a great product, my take is stay away from the supper fast good bow hunter take all they game within 30 yard

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I'm still hunting with my 25 year old Exocet. Somewhere along the way I installed mag-tip limbs so I could use fast-flight strings. Its bullet-proof.

I've seen and heard all the hype with the newer models over the years (both pre and post Bowtech), and I've even shot a few of them. Yet nothing has persuaded me to "upgrade" my bow.

I set up my hunting spots for 20 yard shots and will take shots out to 30 yards in the bush. I hunt deer mostly from the ground with a tree at my back (turkey hunting style) with some brush strategically piled in front of me. My arrows go through both sides of the deer; how much farther do I need them to fly after that?
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-