Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Excalibur crossbows - do not buy

Elite Member

User Info Menu

At this point I think I would be asking for a refund. Maybe look for one of the older models. They come up for sale used all the time and get the job done. I have my Exocet for at least 15 years now and I have only changed the string once.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

They used to be top notch, incl the warranty and customer service. Get on their forum and ask others about this model.
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

That sucks. Hope it turns out good for you. Good luck
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have the bulldog 400, taken 3 deer already, absolutely love it. Quality issues can happen to any company, I wouldn't dismiss Excalibur as a crappy brand from 1 experience.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This is not the first time I have heard this happen... If that thing were to break apart in someones face, lookout... lawsuit waiting to happen....What's the saying.....speed kills......
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Just Google Excalibur limb failure and see how many examples of this are out there.

Glad you weren't hurt OP. Take the advice of the poster who suggested a refund and to buy an older used model. Dead is dead, 300 fps crossbows were burying bolts in the ground behind deer long before the speed craze.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I love my old Excalibur crossbow. I’m yet to have an issue with the products or customer service

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

In the last 10 years I have never had a problem or concern with the three Excalibur
    crossbow I have owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    I love my old Excalibur crossbow. I’m yet to have an issue with the products or customer service

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

wow. i would expect them to do you a favour after something like this. ive talked to dudes who had issues and they went above and beyond to remedy it. i agree with others-- look into an older model if you can. i was gifted an excalibur through family and it's a solid piece of machinery. i wouldn't give up on all excals if you've not used the older ones.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Glad to hear your ok. That sucks about the deer. Get a refund
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast