Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 124

Thread: Excalibur crossbows - do not buy

  1. #31
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Had a excalibur 380, limbs cracked within a year had to replace the string twice in a year and scope would rattle loose even after lock tighten the screws,
    bought a 10 point crossbow, would never go back, would quit bow hunting if my only choice was to use a excalibur,

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #32
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
    Had a excalibur 380, limbs cracked within a year had to replace the string twice in a year and scope would rattle loose even after lock tighten the screws,
    bought a 10 point crossbow, would never go back, would quit bow hunting if my only choice was to use a excalibur,
    That is so sad, went from being Canadian owned and operated to something sold to a huge American company that is now a POS.

  4. #33
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think the older original Excalibur crossbows are the best kept secret in the used market. With the bargain prices you can find them for. Exocet, Exomag etc. Everyone wants the latest greatest.
    Last edited by fishhawk; October 22nd, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

  5. #34
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    I think the older original Excalibur crossbows are the best kept secret in the used market. With the bargain prices you can find them for. Exocet, Exomag etc. Everyone wants the latest greatest.
    I wish I could find a paradox, remember that one? Compound bow with no let off.

  6. #35
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have an Exomax that is about 14 or 15 years old. I had to replace the limbs several years ago when I noticed some cracking and light splintering. Excalibur sent me a replacement set of limbs for free, but the first set was defective (splinters). The second set were fine, although not a perfect match in terms of colour. The crossbow has not shot as well since the limbs were replaced, but it is still o.k. I've been contemplating replacing the bow with a newer Excal. I'm particularly interested in the Micro 335 because I find the Exomax to be pretty big.
    Maybe I'm better off with what I have though?

  7. #36
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    I have an Exomax that is about 14 or 15 years old. I had to replace the limbs several years ago when I noticed some cracking and light splintering. Excalibur sent me a replacement set of limbs for free, but the first set was defective (splinters). The second set were fine, although not a perfect match in terms of colour. The crossbow has not shot as well since the limbs were replaced, but it is still o.k. I've been contemplating replacing the bow with a newer Excal. I'm particularly interested in the Micro 335 because I find the Exomax to be pretty big.
    Maybe I'm better off with what I have though?
    I have micro 335. I am Happy with it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #37
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Rf2 I have the micro 335 for about 1 year new. It hasn’t let me down but the camo finish is starting to chip off the limbs a bit. They are small, accurate and powerful. I would buy again but my older Exocet looks like it’s new with only one string replacement.

  9. #38
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    That is so sad, went from being Canadian owned and operated to something sold to a huge American company that is now a POS.
    Thats just your opinion, and everyones got one just like an ahole...this guy below would agree they work just fine. Everyones entitled to an opinion but some opinions are based on facts and others are just made up off the top of someone's head or from generalized observations which is far removed from fact.

  10. #39
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Wrastler View Post
    Thats just your opinion, and everyones got one just like an ahole...this guy below would agree they work just fine. Everyones entitled to an opinion but some opinions are based on facts and others are just made up off the top of someone's head or from generalized observations which is far removed from fact.
    You cannot claim "far removed from fact' with so many instances of failures with the new products.

    I have witnessed many older excaliburs not breaking with dry fires for a few different reasons but the new limbs do not have the same reviews as the older ones.

  11. #40
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    excalibur exocet was a awesome bow thought I would up grade, was a disaster. outta 3 matrix 380's me, my girlfriend and her brother bought 2 had cracked limbs with in a year, those are the facts.
    There trying to keep up to compound crossbows and they cant, their slower bows im sure are fine but why would I risk it when there are far better options on the market that all there bows are good just not certain ones in there lines?
    my matrix worked fine to till the limbs broke.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •